Network - Wireless & Wired Connections

Help & troubleshooting for network issues, including connecting your device to your home Wi-Fi network, connecting to public networks, troubleshooting wireless issues & ethernet connections, and optimizing streaming performance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Dodger
Level 7

Re: Roku can find every neighbor's internet, but not mine

Well I thought I'd post it as it might be of assistance to someone? It certainly did the trick for me as my new Roku Premier couldn't pick up my 2.4GHz network at all. I had it on a fixed channel but after changing it to "auto" the network appeared on the Roku setup. But might just be a fluke eh? 

0 Kudos
AvsGunnar
Level 10

@Dodger 

By toggling the Auto channel selection, router moved all your devices to the channel that it saw as having best connection.  If you go to Settings...Network..About then you can see which channel is selected and make note of it for reference.  Nothing wrong with leaving it on Auto, some routers will just switch more than others causing disconnections in heavily congested areas.

Very good suggestion to reset back to router defaults when troubleshooting.  

0 Kudos
Dodger
Level 7

Just an update. My wifi channel was set to 13 & that is why my new Roku Premier did not recognize the router. Apparently Roku Premier only recognizes channels 1-11 although my previous Roku Express could be used with channel 13. Bit puzzling but 13 gives me my best wifi so have to compromise unless anyone has a fix? Thanks!

0 Kudos
ROQUsux
Level 7

Same problem. Only solution I found unplug the roku take it to the bathroom flush it down the toilet and NEVER BUY ANOTHER. Recommend using a gaming console for streaming instead (:

0 Kudos