Wi-Fi & connectivity

Having Roku connectivity problems? Get the help and troubleshooting tips you need for Roku wireless connection issues, ethernet connections, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Erinf

Roku app not finding my devices

For some reason the roku remote app isn't finding my roku devices to connect. It has always worked before. I can use the app on my son's tablet, but it's suddenly not working on my phone. I went into my roku account and it still has both of my roku devices listed, but when I try to connect to device, it says none found. I deleted the app and reinstalled it. I rebooted my phone. Not sure what else to do. Why is it working on my son's tablet, but not my phone, when I previously had no problems? 

0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3
DBDukes
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Roku app not finding my devices

@Erinf 

Are they (the Roku and your phone) on the same WiFi network? Actually verify that they are.

Settings > Network > About

DBDukes
Roku Community Streaming Expert
Note: I am not a Roku employee.

If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."

0 Kudos
Erinf

@DBDukes wrote:

@Erinf 

Are they (the Roku and your phone) on the same WiFi network? Actually verify that they are.

Settings > Network > About

Yes, they are all on the same network. The two roku devices, my phone, and my son's tablet are all on the same network. It's working from my son's tablet, but not my phone. 

0 Kudos
Streamer317
Roku Guru

Exactly what phone do you have? Android? iOS? App works great on my iPhone 13 Pro with iOS 15.4. Are you using the official Roku remote control app? You’re signed into the app?

https://support.roku.com/article/217288467

0 Kudos