Network - Wireless & Wired Connections

Help & troubleshooting for network issues, including connecting your device to your home Wi-Fi network, connecting to public networks, troubleshooting wireless issues & ethernet connections, and optimizing streaming performance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Bmaloy20
Level 7

Roku and hotspots

My roku no longer connects to my cellular hotspot. And since I got unlimited data and got rid of internet service this is my only way to use my roku devices. It used to work perfectly and now I can’t seem to get it to connect. It will recognize the network but will not connect.
5 Replies
atc98092
Level 16

Re: Roku and hotspots

First thing to try is to reset your network settings in the Roku. That clears the cache and any incorrectly stored settings.

Dan
Roku Stick (3600), Ultra (4640), Premiere (3920), Insignia 720p Roku TV, Sharp 4K Roku TV, Nvidia Shield, Windows 10 Pro x64 running Serviio and Plex on a wired Gigabit network.
0 Kudos
Bmaloy20
Level 7

How do I go about doing that?
0 Kudos
atc98092
Level 16

@Bmaloy20 wrote:
How do I go about doing that?

Settings/System/Advanced system settings/Network Connection reset

Dan
Roku Stick (3600), Ultra (4640), Premiere (3920), Insignia 720p Roku TV, Sharp 4K Roku TV, Nvidia Shield, Windows 10 Pro x64 running Serviio and Plex on a wired Gigabit network.
0 Kudos
gabbihorton
Level 7

Won’t connect to WiFi network

I live in a dorm and I have to go through the process of connecting my phone to the roku, but every time I try it says incorrect password not sure what to do

[post merged with already existing thread]

0 Kudos
Community Manager
Community Manager

Re: Won’t connect to WiFi network

@gabbihorton Please reference the following steps here if you can't get connected to your wireless network: https://support.roku.com/article/208755728-what-should-i-do-if-i-cannot-connect-to-my-home-network-o...

If you are trying to connect to a wireless network that uses a captive portal (which requires you to accept terms of use before you can connect), check out this article for further instructions: https://support.roku.com/article/215058118-how-do-i-use-hotel-dorm-connect-to-connect-to-the-interne...

Thanks,

Tanner

Tanner D.
Roku Community Manager
0 Kudos