Network - Wireless & Wired Connections

Help & troubleshooting for network issues, including connecting your device to your home Wi-Fi network, connecting to public networks, troubleshooting wireless issues & ethernet connections, and optimizing streaming performance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 11

Re: Roku and 5g

"Hey2019" wrote:
Can someone anyone please tell me weather or not a Roku Express can be hooked to Wi-Fi land line or no? I bought this 2 or 3 yrs back never used it but now that i need it I'm discovering that I'm behide on upgrades models. Before I just give up on the one i have I was wondering if anyone knew of some sort of converter that will convert Ethernet cable to HDMI and then how would I get roku also connected to my tv? Wow its a little confusing. There is no Ethernet cable port in back of this roku, only HDMI and piwer cord.  Does Anyone know how i can get this thing wired directly to my,internet modem? Or if its even,possible.  I have searched Google and watched YouTube videos but never get a straight yes or no answer. I even tried reaching out roku support but its impossible to speak with live rep.
Thanks much guys.

See your other post: https://forums.roku.com/viewtopic.php?f=28&t=143119
DBDukes
http://www.dbdukes.com/
Roku Ultra (4660)
Roku Premiere+ (3921)
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Oh I'm sorry i missed your 1st sentence in your reply. I do have,a wireless router. Speeds of 400 whatever you call it lol ... I'm fairly new to all this wireless Wi-Fi and such. Thats why I'm having a little hard time i guess. Up till recently none of our devices acted so poorly on our Wi-Fi. So I never had to deal with these types of things .. Connecting any capable devices straight to modem is a better choice right? That's why I was wondering if some how connecting this roku i have to,modem also would solve ths buffering issues.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

There is 5g 

5G and WiFi will come even closer in the dense HetNet of the 2020s  

There are different schools of thought about how 5G and WiFi will coexist.

At one extreme are those who think 5G will make WiFi redundant after a few years because it will overtake the 802.11 family in speeds, support better latency and QoS, and be available in shared as well as licensed spectrum

0 Kudos
Level 7

When they say it wont support 5 ghz does that mean no signal at all or just what it can except.Ther

@Tajson wrote:
"DBDukes" wrote:
"jimchia" wrote:
Thanks.  I was asking about 5g WiFi and have several Roku Expresses.

The Express models 2.4 GHz only.

Roku Express boxes support a 'n' wifi which can be a 5 GHz network. However, they do not support an 'ac' wifi which the higher end Roku boxes (and sticks) support.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Re: When they say it wont support 5 ghz does that mean no signal at all or just what it can except.T

I'd like to ask a question on here but as I look around I see everybody wants to educate people about things they don't understand and throw and things like 'n' and 'ac' which mean nothing to someone who is not Savvy on this when all they want is a simple answer that makes sense to them. Going to look elsewhere for support.

0 Kudos