Network - Wireless & Wired Connections

Help & troubleshooting for network issues, including connecting your device to your home Wi-Fi network, connecting to public networks, troubleshooting wireless issues & ethernet connections, and optimizing streaming performance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ChrisHoyle
Level 7

Roku accessible as an unsecured wifi network

Jump to solution

I just became aware that my Roku Express shows up as an available unsecured wifi network… People can connect to it without credentials and access the internet. How and where do I block this? Thank you 

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
AvsGunnar
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Roku accessible as an unsecured wifi network

Jump to solution

Normally at the router admin login dashboard mostly,  Some newer routers ccan be done via app.  Mainly, though, you login to your router, navigate to Wireless Setting (or the like), and look for Security. (or the like).  Basically the name of your network is your SSID.  You are looking to provide a password for this SSID.

You can do a web search for instructions on how to login to your particular router, or provide your router model number and can try to give you more detailed help.

Roku Community Streaming Expert
Just another Roku user... I am not a Roku employee.
Insignia RokuTV, Ultra 4660x, Premiere+ 3921, Express 4k+ 3941

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1\
AvsGunnar
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Roku accessible as an unsecured wifi network

Jump to solution

Normally at the router admin login dashboard mostly,  Some newer routers ccan be done via app.  Mainly, though, you login to your router, navigate to Wireless Setting (or the like), and look for Security. (or the like).  Basically the name of your network is your SSID.  You are looking to provide a password for this SSID.

You can do a web search for instructions on how to login to your particular router, or provide your router model number and can try to give you more detailed help.

Roku Community Streaming Expert
Just another Roku user... I am not a Roku employee.
Insignia RokuTV, Ultra 4660x, Premiere+ 3921, Express 4k+ 3941
0 Kudos