Network - Wireless & Wired Connections

Help & troubleshooting for network issues, including connecting your device to your home Wi-Fi network, connecting to public networks, troubleshooting wireless issues & ethernet connections, and optimizing streaming performance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Roku Won’t Connect to TV

My Roku Express has the light on and everything is plugged in properly. But when I switch to the right HDMI output it doesn’t bring anything up, just a blank screen.

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Highlighted

Re: Roku Won’t Connect to TV

Also wanted to add:

I also tried hitting the reset button on the back of the Roku as well. Didn’t work. 

@Paigealexander wrote:

My Roku Express has the light on and everything is plugged in properly. But when I switch to the right HDMI output it doesn’t bring anything up, just a blank screen.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 19

Do you have a known good HDMI cable?  Did you try a different cable?  Do you have another device like a Blu-ray player you can use to verify that the HDMI input on the TV is good?  Have you ever connected anything to this TV?  Do you have another TV you can try?  As you can see, the list of troubleshooting steps goes on and on.

0 Kudos
Level 7

The same thing happened to me so I went to my television setting, scrolled down to : (About) clicked on it and scrolled down to Restart and clicked. Your television will restart. Now reconnect the Roku and it should work.

0 Kudos