Wi-Fi & connectivity

Having Roku connectivity problems? Get the help and troubleshooting tips you need for Roku wireless connection issues, ethernet connections, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
armstrdj
Binge Watcher

Roku Wireless not working with eero router since 2/13/2020

Jump to solution

Since the morning of 2/13 all 3 of my Roku devices, 2 sticks and one tv, all have an excellent signal strength but poor internet download speed. I temporarily replaced my eero router with my old netgear router and wireless worked. All other devices on the eero network work flawlessly it is only the Roku devices and all 3 of them. They do get traffic just not much bandwidth, lots of buffering and low quality. The TV with a wired connection works when using the wired connection. Seems like eero pushed some sort of change that caused it but have had no luck working with their support. Any other eero users having issues with Roku devices, or not having issues?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
g4nguly
Reel Rookie

Re: Roku Wireless not working with eero router since 2/13/2020

Jump to solution

I recently set up a new eero mesh and the only device having problems was my Roku stick.  Same symptoms as described here; sometimes worked fine, other times buffering every few minutes and showing low KB download speed.  Since I used the same SSID and password for the eero mesh as I originally had on my previous WiFi router I wiped all network settings on my Roku stick (settings->system->advanced system settings->network connection reset->reset connection) and set up WiFi again after it restarted.  So far, 2 days in, I have not experienced the buffering on the Roku stick again.

View solution in original post

41 REPLIES 41
Siddharthkaria
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

Yes. This is happening to me too. I have eero mesh and it seems they had an eeroOS update applied on 2/13 and my roku streaming services can’t connect. Steaming on phone and tablet work fine. 
Any luck resolving this?

0 Kudos
jstoffa
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I don't have an eero router, but I'm experiencing the same issue with my xfinity gateway.  My 3 roku devices cannot connect to the gateway via wireless.  None of my other devices are experiencing this issue with connecting to the gateway.

Everything was working fine prior to the 13th-14th.

0 Kudos
armstrdj
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

Below is a post I made in another thread with more details. I have not been able to solve this. I spent two days doing factory resets on all my equipment, modem, router, roku devices, all to no success. I have talked to support on my ISP, eero, roku, and they all say it is one of the other ones problem and they haven't pushed any updates or changes. It is too weird for all 3 of my Roku devices to have this issue at the same time and also for at least 2 other people on these forums, see T_whitfield's post on the other thread. I bought an amazon firestick and it works great. I think this is something eero or roku will have to resolve until then I will use the firestick.

"I am having the exact same issue with 2 roku streaming sticks and one roku tv since the morning of 2/13. The wireless signal is excellent the download speed is 0. It isn't exactly 0 because I can watch things just lots of buffering and low quality. Every other device on my network is working flawlessly. I have a 400MB cable line, ARRIS SB6183 modem, and 2 eero pro routers. I spent 2 days doing factory resets, on calls with roku, eero, and ISP support. I have ruled out modem and ISP because the TV has a wired port and it works when wired. I also swapped back in my old netgear nighthawk router and wireless works on that so doesn't look likely to be the roku devices. Everything seems to point to the eeros but they assure me nothing has changed on their end. After two days of pulling my hair out I purchased two fire sticks and haven't had any issues. I am a somewhat technical person but will admit networking is not my strong suit. This problem befuddles me. "

https://community.roku.com/t5/Network-Wireless-Wired-Connections/all-4-of-my-rokus-went-down-will-no...

0 Kudos
armstrdj
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

jstoffa,

Can your devices not connect at all? My devices connect and have excellent wireless signal strength but poor internet download speeds. I can stream the content is just very low quality and lots of buffering. If you are getting no wireless connection at all you may be having a different problem.

0 Kudos
Siddharthkaria
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

Update. 
tried resets and restarts. Exchanged messages with eero support. No luck. they point towards roku. 
so today I bought a google chrome cast. It’s not not even getting setup correctly due to “network connectivity” issues. 
so I am quite confident now that this is an issue with eero. The fact that this started happening right after their software update is telling. 
mu next attempt it gong to get them to downgrade me to v3.17.0 to see if the issue gets resolved. 
anyone else facing this issue I request you to create cases with eero. The more the better. 
ps. My roku connects just fine. Signal is strong. But when I launch Netflix or Hulu they don’t connect due to bandwidth issues. 

0 Kudos
armstrdj
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

I agree with what you are saying but 3.18 came out several weeks ago, is there a way to tell when your device got it? Reply back if you are able to get them to downgrade to 3.17 and if it fixes things.

0 Kudos
Siddharthkaria
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution
The app doesn’t say when the is was upgraded. The eero support person told me the exact date and time it was applied to my network. Will let you know if the downgrade works.
0 Kudos
arctcfrz
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I'm having this same issue with my Eero/Roku. Were they able to downgrade you to the previous Eero version? I've also noticed issues with my PS4 since the 3.18 update a couple days ago.

0 Kudos
arctcfrz
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Quick update...I contacted Eero support and they put me back on the 3.17 firmware...now Roku works fine again.

0 Kudos