Network - Wireless & Wired Connections

Help & troubleshooting for network issues, including connecting your device to your home Wi-Fi network, connecting to public networks, troubleshooting wireless issues & ethernet connections, and optimizing streaming performance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
alumcreeklady
Level 8

Re: Roku Ultra won't connect via Wired connection

Jump to solution

I am going to cut my spectum cable soon. I want to do a wired connection with the Roku ultra.  I see the ethernet port on the Roku Ultra in the video where does the other end of the ethernet go? (my tv has not ethernet port only hdmi)   Will i need to get another modem from Spectrum they will be my internet provider.I have an modem upstairs w my desktop computer, it is wired as well .  I really like to have everything understood so there are minimal to no issues in setup.   Thanks!   Carol

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Jump to solution

@alumcreeklady

Thanks for the post.

If you are planning to connect a Roku device through a wired connection, one end of the ethernet cable will plug into the Roku device, while the other end will either connect to your router or modem.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
sjjanson
Level 7

Jump to solution
HI Danny, 

After a lot of trial and error with my wiring, I discovered the ethernet port on the back of the Roku device was defective.  All the connecting wires inside the port were all twisted and smashed.  It had already been 30 days so Walmart would not allow a return.  The WIFI on the device works fine. 

Steve

alumcreeklady
Level 8

Jump to solution

Thank you!Carol

0 Kudos
alumcreeklady
Level 8

Jump to solution

Thanks for the heads up Steve. I will hook my Roku up as soon as possible to avoid the issue you had.  Carol

0 Kudos
Ch4hand
Level 8

Jump to solution

I had all of my Roku Ultra's going through a switch. I decided to change out the switch I was using and it started working just fine. My switch must have gone out.