Network - Wireless & Wired Connections

Help & troubleshooting for network issues, including connecting your device to your home Wi-Fi network, connecting to public networks, troubleshooting wireless issues & ethernet connections, and optimizing streaming performance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
im_dneece6
Level 7

Roku Ultra won't connect via Wired connection

I've seen other threads on this topic but they're all locked and I can't ask questions or follow-up. I just got a Roku Ultra player and I'm trying to get the best experience I can so I'm trying to use a Wired connection. I've tried various cables and varying ethernet ports on my router but no matter what, the Roku will not find a connection. I've tried using the cable and the port that I have another device plugged into -- that device works with the setup, the Roku does not. If I switch the player to using a wireless connection - everything's fine. It just will not use a wired connection - which is what I want to set up. Advice please!

0 Kudos
1 Reply
Elijah_Baley
Level 7

Re: Roku Ultra won't connect via Wired connection

"im_dneece6" wrote:
I've seen other threads on this topic but they're all locked and I can't ask questions or follow-up. I just got a Roku Ultra player and I'm trying to get the best experience I can so I'm trying to use a Wired connection. I've tried various cables and varying ethernet ports on my router but no matter what, the Roku will not find a connection. I've tried using the cable and the port that I have another device plugged into -- that device works with the setup, the Roku does not. If I switch the player to using a wireless connection - everything's fine. It just will not use a wired connection - which is what I want to set up. Advice please!

If you have done all you say then my advice is to return the Ultra and exchange for another. The Ethernet port seems to be bad.
My Ultras (I have two) work just fine wired and I had zero problems with the connections from the start.
Two Roku Ultras, three Roku 3s and a Roku 1
"Part of the secret of success in life is to eat what you like and let the food fight it out inside." Mark Twain
Van Roy's Law: An unbreakable toy is useful for breaking other toys.
0 Kudos