Network - Wireless & Wired Connections

Help & troubleshooting for network issues, including connecting your device to your home Wi-Fi network, connecting to public networks, troubleshooting wireless issues & ethernet connections, and optimizing streaming performance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
chrisrobbins70
Level 7

Roku Ultra, WIRED connections dropped since firmware upgrade

I upgraded my Roku Ultra to 9.4.0 build 4188-46 and now the WIRED connection will not connect; wireless works fine.

I have connected the ethernet cable to my laptop, connects with no issues

I have done a factory reset; still no wired connections

Is this a know issue?? When will it get fixed??

0 Kudos
2 Replies
dwheelwright
Level 7

Re: Roku Ultra, WIRED connections dropped since firmware upgrade

I may have the same problem. My original Roku Ultra (Nov 2019) worked fine with the wired ethernet connection but would, spontaneously reset every day or two, requiring the annoying registration and link code each time. I got a Roku Ultra 4K replacement in October 2020 and progressed through the setup and initial software update, only to be stopped at the email registration step, where is proclaims it cannot send the email for a link code. I sent it back and the 2nd replacement does the same. I have never tried WiFi since I only want a wired connection. My Apple TV works perfectly with the same setup - no headaches.

Has anyone elseexperienced this issue?

0 Kudos
renojim
Level 21

Re: Roku Ultra, WIRED connections dropped since firmware upgrade

I wouldn't think a wired vs. wireless connection would have anything to do the email registration, but why not try a wireless connection just to get through the setup?  I have seen people complain that Roku wouldn't accept their email address for some reason.

0 Kudos