Network - Wireless & Wired Connections

Help & troubleshooting for network issues, including connecting your device to your home Wi-Fi network, connecting to public networks, troubleshooting wireless issues & ethernet connections, and optimizing streaming performance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Steven547
Level 7

Roku Ultra No long connects to internet - wired

So I noticed there was an update on Dec 22nd.  Ever since then, Roku Ultra wired connection no longer works.  I have reset my router, then cable box, the roku, etc.  But every time I try and connect to the wired, it says poor connection (0 mbps)?  Then, I was able to connect to wired once, did a connection test, and it dropped again.  Is there a glitch from this latest update??  How do you fix this?

Thanks.

0 Kudos
2 Replies
DBDukes
Level 9

Re: Roku Ultra No long connects to internet - wired

"Steven547" wrote:
So I noticed there was an update on Dec 22nd.  Ever since then, Roku Ultra wired connection no longer works.  I have reset my router, then cable box, the roku, etc.  But every time I try and connect to the wired, it says poor connection (0 mbps)?  Then, I was able to connect to wired once, did a connection test, and it dropped again.  Is there a glitch from this latest update??  How do you fix this?

Thanks.

You may have only now received the update. Since you also posting the the OS 9.0 thread, we'll assume you received the 9.0 update recently. I got mine a few weeks ago. My Ultra on my main TV works just fine with a wired connection. So, in and of itself, the update doesn't cause problems. There may be something else in the mix that, all together, makes for a bad experience.

Post your software version, and Roku model number (there are three different ones that the Ultra could be). Perhaps that additional information might help with analysis of the issue.

Apart from that, a restart might be in order. Or, a hard power down, wait 30, power up.
DBDukes
http://www.dbdukes.com/
Roku Ultra (4660)
Roku Premiere+ (3921)
0 Kudos
Steven547
Level 7

Re: Roku Ultra No long connects to internet - wired

It just seems to be my Roku wired connection.  All other connected devices are fine.  I can hook up WiFi to my Roku, but no longer wired.  For wired, it says connected.  But when I run the "check connection", it says it works the first time.  Then I run it again, and lose internet connection again.  There is no internet download speed.

I'm using Roku Ultra:  466OX
Version: 9.0.0   Build 4083-46

I unplugged the Roku for 30 seconds, plugged back in and same issue.  Reset the network connection on the Roku, and same issue.  My wired connection is just bad now.   

Error connection:  018  (which says it's a slow ISP which is wrong because I'm clocking at 118 mbps).  
0 Kudos