Network - Wireless & Wired Connections

Help & troubleshooting for network issues, including connecting your device to your home Wi-Fi network, connecting to public networks, troubleshooting wireless issues & ethernet connections, and optimizing streaming performance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 9

Roku Ultra No connection error - Wired

Jump to solution

My Roku Ultra is connected by ethernet to my network. My problem is with the main menu search, my feed, streaming channels, and voice search all which say I do not have a connection. When I press the microphone button is show an error "No internet" but is will hear my voice and search fine. My feed, search and streaming channels all say "No internet" and will go through a network check. When I run a connection check it comes back fine at 89mbs. Just started with the 9.3 firmware.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Level 9

Re: Roku Ultra No connection error - Wired

Jump to solution

The 9.3 - 4166 firmware seems to have fixed the issue. I haven't had an error in two days

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
12 Replies
Highlighted
Level 16

Re: Roku Ultra No connection error

Jump to solution

I'm seeing many varied problems reported with 9.3 firmware. 

I haven't received it yet, but several people have reported success after receiving the 9.3.0 update via the suggestions in this post:
https://community.roku.com/t5/Remotes-Accessories/Roku-Streaming-Stick-remote-fails-after-new-system...

• Roku Streaming Stick +, 3810X, Ser YH0059427035, wifi LivRm - Samsung UN55ES6100
  • Roku Streaming Stick, 3600X, Ser 5S56D8240827, wifi BedRm - JVC EM37T
  • Roku 3, 4200X, Ser 4124C7087583, wifi GstRm - Sanyo DP26640
  • Roku 2 XD, 3050X (collecting dust in a drawer)
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 9

Jump to solution

The old unplug and wait for 20 minutes fixed it. Although initially I didn't think it had because the errors were present, but this time they disappeared after running the check connection.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 9

Jump to solution

Well I was wrong... After the reset the unit did work for a time but lost connection again shortly after. One thing I did notice was the time in the upper right corned kept changing back and fourth from "time" to "no connection" every 5 second.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 9

Jump to solution

I was streaming with Youtube TV last night. when an connection error message pops up telling I do not have an internet connection asking if I wanted to fix the problem now or later. I click on later an the message when away. I hadn't experienced any connection issues prior or after the error message popped up.  

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 8

Jump to solution

I have the same issue with my Roku Ultra.  have tried all the fixes recommended by Roku and others on the message board.  New cables (3), reset network connection, reset Roku, checked firmware for latest on Roku network devices, rebooted network devices, Roku also replaced device - this is the second Ultra with the same problem.  Ethernet connection is still good when I connect it directly to my smart-TV even when Roku says no connection. I also noticed the Ethernet port does not hold the cable securely, if the cable is wiggled a bit it can disconnect.  I have a separate support request into Roku for 2 weeks but not response except we are working on it.  I suggest those have the same issue also but in a separate support request - strength in numbers.

This is a Roku problem, I am convinced.

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 9

Jump to solution

I will look into the loose connection. I do feel its that as the unit was working fine up until 9.3. I will put in a ticket.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 20

Jump to solution

Well, just as a single data point. My 4640 has been on 9.3 for a while, and never shows a connection problem. It's normally using the wired connection, but I have been testing it on my WiFi as well. Mainly to determine my wireless access point is garbage Smiley Happy

My Ultra 4670 is still on 9.2, and it only uses WiFi. Even through my garbage access point it's been fine. Of course, it's not on 9.3 yet. 

Dan
Roku Stick (3600), Ultra (4640), Ultra (4670), Premiere (3920), Insignia 720p Roku TV, Sharp 4K Roku TV, Nvidia Shield, Windows 10 Pro x64 running Serviio and Plex on a wired Gigabit network.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 8

Jump to solution

For the record, my Ultra is still on 9.2.  When checking for updates it comes back no update available.

And wireless works fine.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 9

Jump to solution
0 Kudos