Network - Wireless & Wired Connections

Help & troubleshooting for network issues, including connecting your device to your home Wi-Fi network, connecting to public networks, troubleshooting wireless issues & ethernet connections, and optimizing streaming performance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Quercusrubra
Level 7

Roku Ultra Ethernet port not working

Hi, so I’m pretty certain that the Ethernet port on my player is fried. I have not dropped it, but I can not rule out a possible power surge as the reason why the port stopped working. Or it just died I don’t know. The remote works fine, the user interface shows up fine on the tv, it connects wirelessly, but not wired. I’ve tried other Ethernet cables, and reset both the Roku and my router. Would an Ethernet port be covered under the warranty? If I send the device in to be fixed, would the warranty be approved if the port is broken either due to a power surge or if it just broke? Would I get my device fixed and returned or sent another? If the warranty is not approved would I get my device sent back to me? Thanks for any help!
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
2 Replies
atc98092
Level 16

Re: Roku Ultra Ethernet port not working

@Quercusrubra wrote:
Would an Ethernet port be covered under the warranty? If I send the device in to be fixed, would the warranty be approved if the port is broken either due to a power surge or if it just broke? 

Probably not covered if it was due to a power surge. If it was physically damaged, again probably not, as they could say you caused the damage. But if there's no damage and it simply stopped working, it should be covered under the one year warranty. I can't say if they would repair yours or just send a new one. My guess is they'd just send a new one, but don't know that for a fact. If they declined coverage, yes I'm sure they'd ship it back, but you're probably paying the postage. 

Dan
Roku Stick (3600), Ultra (4640), Premiere (3920), Insignia 720p Roku TV, Sharp 4K Roku TV, Nvidia Shield, Windows 10 Pro x64 running Serviio and Plex on a wired Gigabit network.
0 Kudos
doesitmatter
Level 9

Re: Roku Ultra Ethernet port not working

@Quercusrubra wrote:
Hi, so I’m pretty certain that the Ethernet port on my player is fried. I have not dropped it, but I can not rule out a possible power surge as the reason why the port stopped working. Or it just died I don’t know. The remote works fine, the user interface shows up fine on the tv, it connects wirelessly, but not wired. I’ve tried other Ethernet cables, and reset both the Roku and my router. Would an Ethernet port be covered under the warranty? If I send the device in to be fixed, would the warranty be approved if the port is broken either due to a power surge or if it just broke? Would I get my device fixed and returned or sent another? If the warranty is not approved would I get my device sent back to me? Thanks for any help!

If your box updated to 9.2, you did nothing wrong the update has broken the box. There are several threads now with people all saying the same thing and Roku is completely ignoring they have broken the boxes.

You're going to have to disconnect the ethernet and only use Wifi if you want to use the box, otherwise it is a paperweight.

0 Kudos