Network - Wireless & Wired Connections

Help & troubleshooting for network issues, including connecting your device to your home Wi-Fi network, connecting to public networks, troubleshooting wireless issues & ethernet connections, and optimizing streaming performance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
leres
Level 7

Roku Ultra 2020 not compatible with 802.3az EEE Green Ethernet

I just upgraded from an Ultra 2018 (4660X) to an Ultra 2020 (4800X). I use wired Ethernet and found that the new Ultra will not connect to my HP1820 managed Ethernet switch. The problem stumped the first level tech via chat and I was told the next level support would contact me via email "within 2 days".

I tried a port on a GS108LP POE switch I have in my home network with no change. But I later found I could get a connection to the network if I chained the new Ultra via a spare netgear GS105 switch.

Today I looked a the configuration on the HP1820 and found the Ultra 2020 will connect to the network if I turn off "Lower Power Idle" (which uses almost 4 watts more than when it is enabled).

hpe1820.png

Given the variety of devices I have connected to the HP1820 and the fact that the Ultra 2018 always worked I find it difficult to believe this is a hardware issue with the Ultra 2020; the question is will Roku release firmware to address this issue? (Or will I be returning it to amazon?)

0 Kudos
1 Reply
StreamerUser
Level 15

Re: Roku Ultra 2020 not compatible with 802.3az EEE Green Ethernet

This is the type of issue you need to directly contact Roku support for:

chat or email:  https://support.roku.com/contactus/contact-options (choose setup/ultra/other/need more help?)

0 Kudos