Network - Wireless & Wired Connections

Help & troubleshooting for network issues, including connecting your device to your home Wi-Fi network, connecting to public networks, troubleshooting wireless issues & ethernet connections, and optimizing streaming performance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Shauna_AP
Level 7

Roku TV is disabling wifi to my laptop??

Hello.  I just got a new Roku smart TV today. I got it all set up, but when my son went to use his laptop the wifi was disabled on it.  He restarted it and he was still getting a funny message...something about the wifi adapter. He continued to have trouble connecting and this has never happened until we set up this TV.  I turned the TV off and then his laptop worked fine again. What could be the problem and how do we fix it? Thanks!

0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1\
makaiguy
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Roku TV is disabling wifi to my laptop??

@Shauna_AP wrote:

...He restarted it and he was still getting a funny message...something about the wifi adapter. ...

It might be helpful to know what that "funny message" actually says.

Might there be a limit to how many simultaneous wifi devices your router can support? If so, perhaps this is something that can be changed in the router's configuration.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
Note: I am not a Roku employee, just a user like you.

Roku Streaming Stick+ 3810 | TCL Roku TV 43S245/C107X | Roku Streaming Stick 3600
0 Kudos