Network - Wireless & Wired Connections

Help & troubleshooting for network issues, including connecting your device to your home Wi-Fi network, connecting to public networks, troubleshooting wireless issues & ethernet connections, and optimizing streaming performance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 7

Roku TV disconnects from internet

My Roku TV (new) disconnects from the internet every evening when turned off.  I have a Spectrum modem - newer one - 2018.  The TV is connected wireless but is not far from the router.  Any help?

24 Replies
Highlighted
Level 19

Re: Roku TV disconnects from internet

@Jovh

If you're running into connection issues with your device, we'd suggest starting here: 
https://support.roku.com/article/213122277-tips-for-improving-the-wireless-connection-to-your-roku-s...

If you're not able to resolve the issue, we'd recommend reaching out to your TV's manufacturer to inquire further and see if they have any additional troubleshooting steps. 

Feel free to send me a private message with your Roku account email address, the serial number of your Roku TV, and more information about the behavior you're seeing, including any error messages, etc. I'll pass your report along to the team to see how else we may be able to assist. 

Thanks,
Tanner
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Hi, I have a similar issue....when I turn on my TV, I have to go and manually reconnect to the network (it does remember the settings, but I have to press a lot of keys). It's a 65" TCL ROKU TV. All my Roku sticks (2 others) work fine, but this TCL Roku TV has to be manually reconnected every time I turn it on. Thanks for your help.

Highlighted
Level 7

You didn't answer the question.

Again... Why does a TV disconnect from the Internet when it is off. Every time you turn the TV back on you have to re connect to the Internet. The issue is not Internet related its program related. And update needs to be made that keeps the roku connected the Internet even when it's off.

Highlighted

Same problem here, I have two of the exact same TCL 55in and they both do the same thing every single time. Remembers settings but have to manually reconnect, Running 300mbs with router 2 feet away from one....Tried using 2.4, tried 5.0, same outcome. Also believe it’s software issue and needs updating

Highlighted

i think it has something to do with the TCL brand because i have a 32” TCL and it does the same exact thing. but my 65” Hisense doesn’t disconnect at all. 

Highlighted
Level 7

I Have a hitachi and it does the same thing says connection is excellent and the Roku and Roku TV keep disconnecting and everything else in my house works fine! 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 8

Has anyone had any luck in resolving this issue? I have a 65” TCL Roku tv with the same problem. Every time I turn the tv on, I have to reconnect to WiFi (actually, it will say I’m disconnected but if I click “check connection” versus actually reconnecting to the WiFi, that seems to fix the issue and takes slightly less time than reconnecting). It’s strange bc I had this tv for a year with no issue. However six months ago I moved and ever since then, it’s been happening. My internet connection is strong and nothing else disconnected including my roku streaming box for my other tv which is way further from my router. I tried talking to support and they weren’t able to help. I would just connect it to the router with an Ethernet cord but I work from home so I have my work computer connected via Ethernet to the router which is in another room and I don’t want wires running all over the house. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

I have the same exact issue, every time I turn my 65” TCL Roku Tv on I have to reconnect to my wifi. It remembers the password but I have to go through the steps of setting up a connection for it to reconnect. There has to be an issue with the tv software that needs an update. I have even gone as far as buying a new router to solve the issue and still no change 

Highlighted
Level 8

So frustrating Smiley Sad the simple solution I believe would be connecting via Ethernet but it’s just not possible with my layout. I did move my router up to a higher surface about a week ago and I feel like there’s been improvement but hard to tell bc if I turn it on and leave it alone for long enough, it will reconnect itself. Mine does the same as yours where it remembers the password and everything. In fact, I don’t even have to select set up a connection, usually asking it to just check the connection is enough of a push for the system to realize that it is, in fact, connected. Very frustrating nonetheless - I really like the tv outside of this.

0 Kudos