Network - Wireless & Wired Connections

Help & troubleshooting for network issues, including connecting your device to your home Wi-Fi network, connecting to public networks, troubleshooting wireless issues & ethernet connections, and optimizing streaming performance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
moxie70
Level 7

Re: Roku (TCL 49S305) offline after 9.3 update

I am having the exact same issue as of last night. All of the sudden everything in my house connects to the wifi fine except for BOTH of my roku and a smart tv. This is frustrating,

0 Kudos
RKBSr
Level 7

Yes!  Works now no more WiFi issues.  I encourage anyone to Unplug your Roku TV and press and hold the power button on the bottom of your tv for at least 15 sec then plug back in.  My disconnecting WiFi due to faulty upgrade now fixed after weeks of fighting with it.  

0 Kudos
Seren
Level 9

Just for fun I tried doing a power reset (as described by @RKBSr ) again, but no improvement. I'm not sure why this type of reset would help a firmware problem, but glad it's working for some folks.

0 Kudos
Tequilacpl
Level 8

We tried it again as well....no luck for us. Great its working for some.....good news: our firestick came in and works great. The remote even turns the tcl tv on and off.

0 Kudos
gmonet1224
Level 7

Mine's doing the exact same thing and you cannot get roku on the phone I can't even figure out how to send them an email other than Facebook Messenger they're a complete joke!

0 Kudos
mrtorrent
Level 8

@Seren (or anyone else): have you found that, once in a while, you turn on the TV and it is connected? I've had it happen a couple times. Not only that, but it is connected to one of the 5 GHz networks! Inevitably, though, the next time I turn the TV on it won't be connected and will refuse to connect, with the same error.

Seren
Level 9

Nope. Since I did a factory reset and haven't successfully connected, the Roku doesn't have my network info saved, so it wouldn't be able to automatically connect even if the problem magically disappeared.

0 Kudos
mrtorrent
Level 8

Oh that's a good point. Mine has it saved from when I turned off band steering and connected to the 2.4 GHz network. Have you been able to try that, by the way?

0 Kudos
Dee5
Level 8

I having the same issue with my 2 tv one 55inch the other 32 inches, right after the update. I can not connect to the internet. My ip mac is 00000. I've done everything possible, last thing was factory reset an nothing. Now I'm stuck on home screen with no apps. I'm tired of calling Roku because they are useless. I'm ready to report them to better business bureau, because this happened right after tv upgrade to 9.3. TV was working fine before upgrade. My tablet and computer are connected to internet with no issue, so it seems to be a glitch in the update.

0 Kudos
Seren
Level 9

@mrtorrent Unfortunately my access point (Google WiFi) doesn’t have a user facing option to disable band steering. I suspect if I could disable it and force the Roku to connect to 2.4 GHz, things would work.

0 Kudos