Network - Wireless & Wired Connections

Help & troubleshooting for network issues, including connecting your device to your home Wi-Fi network, connecting to public networks, troubleshooting wireless issues & ethernet connections, and optimizing streaming performance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 7

Re: Roku (TCL 49S305) offline after 9.3 update

Please.....HOW DO WE FIX THIS?!

I have an Apple TV subscription that is only accessible via my Roku Express and am not able to view.  There has been very little support on the website.  I've tried all of the generic suggestions that have been made to no avail.  I even had XFinity come out and lay a new cable to the house.  Still not able to connect. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Yes, just spent have the night trying to connect to wifi. Everything else in the house is working. Noticed a 003 code which is a update error code. Then noticed had a update at 2 something this afternoon, Tv has not worked since! 

Now found this page with people having same problem. Have never had a problem before. I have a ROKU     Premium Express. Not sure about all this hot spot, smart phone fix. If roku wants to be jerks about it just as easy to upgrade with different product.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 8

I can pretty confidently say that Roku won’t do a **bleep** thing and you now have a paperweight.  There’s no fixing it. I went and bought another model tonight and will make sure it doesn’t update the software automatically when I hook it up. Until they move on from this build I won’t update any of my devices. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 8

Sadly there may be an issue with TCL https://www.instructables.com/id/Fix-Bad-Mac-Address-on-ROKU-TV/
They need to fix these.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 9

My Roku connected to the network recently for the first time in weeks.

I initially attempted connecting to my guest network and this time it succeeded. I then tried connecting to the main SSID which failed (as usual), but a second attempt succeeded. The device came up using the 5Ghz band and worked fine until the next day (after being turned off) when it again failed to connect. Since then it’s managed to get online a few times (since it now has the WiFi credentials saved), but is inconsistent.

I’m speculating, but I wonder if it has anything to do with the number of devices nearby and whether the router tries to push the Roku onto the 2.4 GHz band. I don’t think it’s an antenna grounding problem since my testing shows that the Roku is interacting with the access point even when it can’t get online.

Highlighted
Level 8

This is what TCL is doing for me: We have added your device to Roku's downgrade to 9.2 list. 

Notice there is a "list".

Highlighted
Level 8

I've got 4 of these products, Roku needs to fix this before someone starts something that will cost them.

Highlighted
Level 7

I have been going back and forth with Roku and tcl for about a month got a usb flash to download to 9.2 as they requested follow all instruction, Now I'm Waiting for someone to call me because I get an error when I put usb on TV to update after updating from computer. I am over them everyone on this thread should report them to bbb. Then maybe they will do something 

Highlighted
Level 8

I agree. CAS?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

thank you for posting this. I was so beside myself, today I purchased a usb to ethernet adapter as I read persons having success. I tried it and it didnt work and then I saw your steps. I had done these steps already a few weeks ago, I did it again today Aug 13, 2020.....it worked. What did I do differently? Set a timerSmiley Very Happy. For those persons without success, try again. 

0 Kudos