Network - Wireless & Wired Connections

Help & troubleshooting for network issues, including connecting your device to your home Wi-Fi network, connecting to public networks, troubleshooting wireless issues & ethernet connections, and optimizing streaming performance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ksbonville
Level 7

Roku Streaming Stick+ won’t connect to wireless on my new LG TV.

Roku Streaming Stick + won’t connect to my WiFi or my hot spot to connect to my LG TV model 43up7000PUA. Any tips? 

0 Kudos
5 REPLIES 5\
DBDukes
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Roku Streaming Stick+ won’t connect to wireless on my new LG TV.

@ksbonville 

Is that the only TV you have? Why I'm asking is, if the TV is in some way interfering with the network connection between the WiFi router/hotspot and your Streaming Stick+, then it might not connect. Trying it on a different TV might work.

What band (2.4 GHz, 5 GHz, or both) is your wireless network using? What channel(s) on the band(s)?

DBDukes
Roku Community Streaming Expert
Note: I am not a Roku employee.

If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."

0 Kudos
ksbonville
Level 7

It is the only TV and we are using 5G. The TV is brand new and so is the Streaming Stick +. Based on the Roku support I contacted Centurylink to remove MAC filtering. So Century Link set up another account for me to do that but I still can’t get connected. @DBDukes 

0 Kudos
DBDukes
Community Streaming Expert

@ksbonville 

I'm assuming you mean 5 GHz and not 5G, unless you are actually on a cellular hotspot.

Since you are operating on 5 GHz band, the likelihood of interference is less, but not fully eliminated.

Have you done a factory reset on the Streaming Stick+ to start over from scratch? With power applied, press and hold the RESET button for no less than 30 seconds.

I'm really not holding out much hope that the factory reset will resolve it, but it is a proper step to take, and something to be ruled out, so go ahead and try that.

Oh, there is still the outstanding question of the channel your 5 GHz band is using. Do you know? Channels between 49 and 149 aren't compatible with Roku devices. Standards are that they aren't for home networks, but if your device is using one of those, that would explain it.

Apart from that, I'm not sure what other steps to take. Others may be able to offer some assistance. Some of the folks here are some real network wizards.

DBDukes
Roku Community Streaming Expert
Note: I am not a Roku employee.

If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."

0 Kudos
ksbonville
Level 7

@DBDukes I tried the reset and it didn’t fix it. 
To identify the bands I have to call CenturyLink since I don’t have access to the router. I think I’m at the point of returning the Roku since this is way too time consuming. Thanks for your help. I appreciate it!

0 Kudos
Fishface
Level 9

Had it happen on a lower level tv than yours and a different Roku did not have the problem connecting.  Probably a bad Roku unit, at least in my case.

0 Kudos