Network - Wireless & Wired Connections

Help & troubleshooting for network issues, including connecting your device to your home Wi-Fi network, connecting to public networks, troubleshooting wireless issues & ethernet connections, and optimizing streaming performance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 7

Roku Streaming Stick+ will no longer connect to the network where it has happily streamed before

My Streaming Stick+ (3810x) stopped connecting to my wi-fi recently.  There has been no recent change to SSID or wi-fi password.  I have powered the Roku and the router down and up again.  All other devices reconnect to the router as expected, including two other Roku devices. The Roku remote that has worked with this Streaming Stock+ also cannot connect to this Roku.

When I power cycled the Roku is came up with a big purple warning message that says Missing Advanced Wireless Receiver.  It's not missing, I see it right there.  For fun, I disconnected the AWR from 1A USB power source and connected it to a brand new 2A wall wart, but I still get the Missing AWR message and the remote still does not connect. 

I have looked at other articles but not got me all the way to a solution.  Please help, I really like by Roku.

Thanks,

Tom

0 Kudos
1 Reply
Level 21

Re: Roku Streaming Stick+ will no longer connect to the network where it has happily streamed before

AWRs have been known to go bad.  Try https://support.roku.com/contactus and see where you get.

0 Kudos