Network - Wireless & Wired Connections

Help & troubleshooting for network issues, including connecting your device to your home Wi-Fi network, connecting to public networks, troubleshooting wireless issues & ethernet connections, and optimizing streaming performance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jhs29er
Level 7

Roku Streaming Stick + no longer auto connects to network

I have a Roku Streaming Stick +. My home network is such that I have separate SSIDs for 2.4 and 5 GHz networks.  Initially my Roku was setup to connect to the 5G network and it was great. Then something happened -- not sure what -- but it no longer saw the G GHz network.  Figuring it was temporary, I set it up to use the 2.4 network.  Performance was fine.  However now, when I turn on the TV/Roku, it does not auto connect to the 2.4 network. I have to manually force it to connect.  The PW is saved and it does connect when I manually try to.  Any thoughts as to why?  Also, any thoughts as to why it no longer sees the 5GHz network?  Thank you.

0 Kudos
1 Reply
makaiguy
Level 20

Re: Roku Streaming Stick + no longer auto connects to network

When I've had connection problems not fixed by a manual re-setting up of the wifi connection, I've always been able to recover by restarting the router (even though all my other devices are able to connect without problem), followed by a restart of the Roku.
  • Roku Streaming Stick +, 3810X, Ser YH0059427035, wifi - Samsung UN55ES6100
  • Roku Streaming Stick, 3600X, Ser 5S56D8240827, wifi - JVC EM37T
  • TCL Roku TV 43S425/C107X, Ser X000001R60KV, wifi
0 Kudos