Network - Wireless & Wired Connections

Help & troubleshooting for network issues, including connecting your device to your home Wi-Fi network, connecting to public networks, troubleshooting wireless issues & ethernet connections, and optimizing streaming performance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
juser1
Level 7

Roku Streambar stuck in recovery mode

Purchased a new Roku Streambar and after the first update connecting to the home wireless network which is a verified good connection, upon restart the Streambar went into recovery mode and will not exit even after showing 100% update. It is now in an infinite recovery mode loop.  I have tried with my iPhone hotspot and moving the device close to the router. Same result. I have been reading on the boards that this is a known issue that other users are experiencing. Roku needs to get this issue fixed ASAP and should have better QA before releasing this product. They have 24 hours to resolve or else I am done with this product. I have wasted too much time troubleshooting this issue.

0 Kudos
4 Replies
juser1
Level 7

Re: Roku Streambar stuck in recovery mode

Update: The Streambar is no longer in a recovery mode loop and working properly. My assumption is there was an issue with the Roku network over the weekend of 10/24 and 10/25 because the update was failing. I tried again after another factory reset of the unit Monday morning and the Streambar was able to update the software.  

0 Kudos
Ek1
Level 7

Omg!! I have the same problem right now!!! Do you have any suggestions? 

And did it work with you hotspot?

0 Kudos
stoneface
Level 7

I am also having this issue now. is there a way to resolve it?

0 Kudos
crater33
Level 7

I am having the same problem.  The Streambar keeps booting into Recovery Mode no matter how many times I restart it.  I don't think this is a network problem Smiley Sad

0 Kudos