Network - Wireless & Wired Connections

Help & troubleshooting for network issues, including connecting your device to your home Wi-Fi network, connecting to public networks, troubleshooting wireless issues & ethernet connections, and optimizing streaming performance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 7

Re: Roku Stopped Working. Showing "Low Power" Even When Plugged Into Outlet

I've had the same problem. It sometimes works, but much of the time I get the error message. I have the 2017 Roku stick as well. I would love it and recommend it if only it didn't have this issue!

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

We just had this problem.  We reversed the cable connector and it's now working.  But not taking any chances...we're ordering a new cable. 

0 Kudos
Level 17

You reversed the HDMI cable?  I wouldn't think that would have any affect on the low power issue, but stranger things have happened.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

change the USB plug.  Buy a better grade USB cord.  It will work fine.  I had that happen to me today, out of the blue "low Power"  It just happened I had a high grade USB cord that I swapped out and now it works fine

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Hi, I know how to solve your problem. Believe it or not it's the AAA batteries. I use my remote a lot playing games, switching channels, checking the time, etc. and it drains my AAA's. Then I get the low power warning and get shut down. I thought it was my roku device because I just changed the batteries not that long ago but I must really drain them quickly. So I switch out the old for new batteries and voila the roku device is working fine again. Mike

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Why would it be remote? It's a POWER issue. The error message says so on screen. 

0 Kudos