Network - Wireless & Wired Connections

Help & troubleshooting for network issues, including connecting your device to your home Wi-Fi network, connecting to public networks, troubleshooting wireless issues & ethernet connections, and optimizing streaming performance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Nd1
Level 7

Roku Stopped Connecting to Mobile Hotspot

I am having the same issue, I done both steps that you mentioned but it’s still not working, I don’t know what else to do

0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3\
RokuDanny-R
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Re: Roku Stopped Connecting to Mobile Hotspot

@Nd1

Thanks for the post.

While we don't typically recommend using mobile hotspot connections for streaming, I'd like to gather a few more details here to see what may be causing the issue. What Roku model device are you using? Are you seeing an error message on screen? Have you tried connecting the Roku device to an alternate wireless network to see if it can connect?

With more information we will be able to assist you further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
Nd1
Level 7

Error code 009 when connecting to hotspot

For the past 2 days I have had issues connecting to the hotspot on my iPhone, never gave me any issues until recently. We can not get home internet where we live. So we have to use our hotspot to connect to devices. It’s showing where it’s connecting but says error code 009 not connected to internet. I have tried resetting and restarting everything and nothin has worked. It will connect with my husbands phone but not mine. I contacted our cell phone provider to see if they could help but no luck. Can anyone please help.

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Re: Error code 009 when connecting to hotspot

@Nd1

Thanks for the follow up.

If the Roku device is connecting to another mobile hotspot, then it would appear to be an issue with the other mobile device that you are trying to connect as a hotspot. We would recommend contact your mobile device provider to see what other assistance they can offer.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos