Network - Wireless & Wired Connections

Help & troubleshooting for network issues, including connecting your device to your home Wi-Fi network, connecting to public networks, troubleshooting wireless issues & ethernet connections, and optimizing streaming performance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
BBlocker1
Level 7

Roku Relay

What happened to Roku Relay?

I own one, but I cannot find any support on the device.

My app shows it is connected to my wifi, but it has poor connection to a Roku TV.

Appreciate any insight into whether this device is actually doing anything anymore?

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Penclnecgeek
Level 7

Re: Roku Relay

I was wondering also if there is something wrong here.  My cell phone died and I can not even find the App for the roku relay at the store, to download on the new one.  The relay did not work very well at all.  It would work for a few days and then stop working all together.  I kept having to use the app when I had my old phone to activate it.  Would always take several times until I could.  Also, I had a credit appear on my credit card from Roku for $17.10 in Sept.  I had nothing owed to me, but this seems to be about the price I paid for the relay when they first sold it to me.  Anyone else have similar issues?  The thing is worthless right now if I can not get the app on the new phone.

0 Kudos
boogernose
Level 18

Repeaters are around you can also use an older Router as a Bridge.

https://www.amazon.com/wifi-repeater/s?k=wifi+repeater

They retract bandwidth I think they have mixed revues.

There is nothing comparable to Ethernet with a fast Network speed.

The closer you can get to that I promise you the better.

Wifi is unpredictable really. I dont deal with it much.

---A problem clearly stated is a problem half solved---.
0 Kudos
BRW
Level 7

I never could get my Roku relay to work properly. Very poor product and glad it was cheap. I trashed mine. Don't buy there speakers either. Much better speakers out there. These folks are TV guys only and as much as they try to pump up stock price with product  augmentations they can't quite pull it off.

@Penclnecgeek wrote:

I was wondering also if there is something wrong here.  My cell phone died and I can not even find the App for the roku relay at the store, to download on the new one.  The relay did not work very well at all.  It would work for a few days and then stop working all together.  I kept having to use the app when I had my old phone to activate it.  Would always take several times until I could.  Also, I had a credit appear on my credit card from Roku for $17.10 in Sept.  I had nothing owed to me, but this seems to be about the price I paid for the relay when they first sold it to me.  Anyone else have similar issues?  The thing is worthless right now if I can not get the app on the new phone.

0 Kudos
MisterL
Level 7

The Roku Relays were an experimental item. Roku has decided not to make any mor and has credited the credit card accounts of those who bought them. The app has also been deactivated. 
Roku is marketing streaming sticks with extended distance capabilities included instead of marketing the relays.