Network - Wireless & Wired Connections

Help & troubleshooting for network issues, including connecting your device to your home Wi-Fi network, connecting to public networks, troubleshooting wireless issues & ethernet connections, and optimizing streaming performance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Roku Premium and Ethernet Connectivity

Jump to solution

I have 2 Roku Premiums and cannot connect to a "Wired Connectivity", Wireless OK.

When I do hook up the ethernet cable via an Ethernet Adapter that I used on my Amazon Firestick, the remote stop working.  I unhook the Adapter and everything works fine.

Can someone steer me in the right direction?

Thanks for letting me post.

David

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Community Manager
Community Manager

Re: Roku Premium and Ethernet Connectivity

Jump to solution

@davidlwoolard The Roku Premiere (model 3920) does not support the use of an ethernet adapter. It supports wireless network connections using 2.4GHz wireless b/g/n networks. Using an adapter as you mentioned may cause unexpected behavior. 

If you are looking for a Roku device that supports an ethernet connection, we currently offer this feature the Roku Ultra. You can see more about it here: https://www.roku.com/products/roku-ultra

Thanks,

Tanner

Tanner D.
Roku Community Manager

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Highlighted
Level 8

Jump to solution

I've never heard of a 'Roku Premium'. Do you possible mean Premiere (or Premiere+)?

I'll assume you have a Roku with an Ethernet port on the back. 

When you say 'When I do hook up the ethernet cable via an Ethernet Adapter that I used on my Amazon Firestick'

What is this 'ethernet adapter'? You should not need any adapter - simply an ethernet cable connected between the Roku and your router/modem/switch.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Community Manager
Community Manager

Jump to solution

@davidlwoolard The Roku Premiere (model 3920) does not support the use of an ethernet adapter. It supports wireless network connections using 2.4GHz wireless b/g/n networks. Using an adapter as you mentioned may cause unexpected behavior. 

If you are looking for a Roku device that supports an ethernet connection, we currently offer this feature the Roku Ultra. You can see more about it here: https://www.roku.com/products/roku-ultra

Thanks,

Tanner

Tanner D.
Roku Community Manager

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Jump to solution

Tanner,

How can I get in touch w/ you directly? We have 2 Roku devices that stopped recognizing our wifi after a year of working fine. We have tried every reset imaginable. Nothing has changed. My guess is there was an automatic update and things stopped working after that.....please help!!!

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Community Manager
Community Manager

Jump to solution

@MCable Thanks for the details. Have you or your ISP recently updated or changed the settings or configuration of your wireless network? For your model of Roku Premiere, you'll need to ensure that your wireless router is broadcasting a 2.4GHz wireless network in order to get connected. You'll also want to double check that no additional security measures have been enabled that may prevent your devices from connecting, such as MAC address filtering or parental controls. Your ISP can assist with confirming these things, and may be able to offer additional help in getting connected. 

If you verify those things, and still need more help, please click my username and use the option in my profile to send me a private message with your Roku account email address and the serial number of your Roku devices from Settings>System>About. I'll follow up from there. 

Thanks,

Tanner 

Tanner D.
Roku Community Manager
0 Kudos