Network - Wireless & Wired Connections

Help & troubleshooting for network issues, including connecting your device to your home Wi-Fi network, connecting to public networks, troubleshooting wireless issues & ethernet connections, and optimizing streaming performance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mp202694
Level 7

Roku Premiere+ won't find our wifi network

We have had a Roku Premiere+ for several months now and have had no issue. Last week it gave us a message saying there was no internet connection. We tried to reconnect but it will not fins our wifi network when it scans for networks. We have tried resetting the Roku and the router. I decided to buy a new Roku Premiere+ thinking that this one had just malfunctioned but as we are trying to set it up now, we are having the same issue. We have an older Roku that is still connected to our wifi with no issues. Our phones and laptop all find and connect to the network with no issues as well. What can we do to fix this issue?

Labels (2)
0 Kudos
1 Reply
atc98092
Level 13

Re: Roku Premiere+ won't find our wifi network

Roku players only work on specific 5 GHz channels. Channel 149 is the most common to use. Why it's not seeing your 2.4 GHz connection (I'm making an assumption you have both) is puzzling, however. But it sounds like your router might have changed channels, which they can do if you leave it set to Auto. I can't say why the older Roku connects, either. 
I realize everything else is connecting to your wireless fine, but I still suggest powering off the Roku, then rebooting your wireless, then trying the Premiere+ again after everything comes back up. 
Dan
Nvidia Shield, Roku Stick (3600), Ultra (4640), Premiere (3920), Insignia 720p Roku TV, Sharp 4K Roku TV, Windows 10 Pro x64 running Serviio and Plex on a wired Gigabit network.
0 Kudos