Network - Wireless & Wired Connections

Help & troubleshooting for network issues, including connecting your device to your home Wi-Fi network, connecting to public networks, troubleshooting wireless issues & ethernet connections, and optimizing streaming performance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mattrbarnard34
Level 7

Roku Premiere won't find network

My premiere that I purchased a few months ago just now stopped finding my home wifi. I have restarted my roku numerous times. My Roku tv, phone, echo dot, etc all still find and use my wifi fine. This just happened out of nowhere today. What can I do???

0 Kudos
2 Replies
AvsGunnar
Level 10

Re: Roku Premiere won't find network

This can result from anything from a router configuration issue to a device issue.

The starting point is to do a router reset (let fully reboot), then do a system restart of your Premiere (settings..system..system restart)

Further, make sure your router is still broadcasting your 2.4gz band (radio enabled) of your network. Look in the router settings or an LED light on your router specifically indicating 2.4gz.  All your other devices could be using the 5gz band of your network so really not good indicator of whether network wifi is actually performing correctly.

Here are Rokus standard troubleshooting.

https://support.roku.com/article/208755728

Try the basics, see if it helps, report what you did to troubleshoot and results and can provide help as needed.  Good a time as any to learn how to access your router's admin controls if you don't already know.

0 Kudos
makaiguy
Level 20

Re: Roku Premiere won't find network

@mattrbarnard34 wrote:

My premiere that I purchased a few months ago just now stopped finding my home wifi. I have restarted my roku numerous times. My Roku tv, phone, echo dot, etc all still find and use my wifi fine. This just happened out of nowhere today. What can I do???

Roku models Express, Express+, Premiere, and Premiere+ cannot connect to the 5 GHz wifi band, only to the 2.4 GHz band. If you have one of these models and a dual band router with both 2.4 and 5 GHz bands, be sure the router's 2.4 GHz band is turned on.  If the 2.4 GHz band is not turned on, these models, as well as other devices that are 2.4 GHz only, will not even see your router.

There have been a number of reports lately of people that have routers supplied by their Internet Provider having their router's 2.4 GHz band disabled. They've had to have their Internet Provider re-enable the 2.4 GHz band, or even swap in a new router.

• Roku Streaming Stick +, 3810X, Ser YH0059427035, wifi - Samsung UN55ES6100
  • Roku Streaming Stick, 3600X, Ser 5S56D8240827, wifi - JVC EM37T
  • TCL Roku TV 43S425/C107X, Ser X000001R60KV, wifi
0 Kudos