Network - Wireless & Wired Connections

Help & troubleshooting for network issues, including connecting your device to your home Wi-Fi network, connecting to public networks, troubleshooting wireless issues & ethernet connections, and optimizing streaming performance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Rfish22
Level 7

Roku Premiere won't connect to the internet after software update

After using Roku2 for years with no issues, I upgraded to the Roku Premiere which won't connect to the internet after the original software update. Out of the box I followed set-up instructions, entered my password (Roku accepted it and connected) then Roku performed an automatic software update. After the reboot, it again went thru the set-up, scanned for networks, asked for password, then failed saying it couldn't connect (displays error 014.30 - I have a strong signal with no prior problems). Can't break the set-up cycle. Troubleshooting has included power cycle (per Roku directions), using phone for a hotspot connection, factory re-set and white-listed Roku's MAC address in my router. I've found similar issues that recommend changing settings - which doesn't apply because Roku is stuck in the 'let's get started' screens. Can't break beyond the setup screens - any help? (Roku Premiere, Tenda AC15 router, Xfinity 250mb, Sony 4K)

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Community Manager
Community Manager

Re: Roku Premiere won't connect to the internet after software update

Hi there! Thanks for the note. 

The error code you mentioned is detailed in our Support resources here: https://support.roku.com/article/208755728-what-should-i-do-if-i-cannot-connect-to-my-home-network-o...

- Have you ensured your router is broadcasting a 2.4GHz Wi-Fi network for the device to connect to? The 2018 Roku Premiere (model 3920) is only compatible with wireless b/g/n networks on the 2.4 GHz spectrum. 
- Have you tried changing the wireless broadcast channel on the router to see if this will allow your device to connect? 
- Have you tried moving the device closer to your router, or testing with an alternate router to see if you can get connected? 

If those things still aren't helping, feel free to send me a PM with your Roku account email address and the serial number of your Roku player (printed on the bottom of the device). I'll follow up to continue assisting you from there. 

Thanks,
Tanner
Tanner D.
Roku Community Manager
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Rfish22
Level 7

Re: Roku Premiere won't connect to the internet after software update

SOLVED! Thanks, Tanner. Returned the Premiere and bought the Stream Stick+ which works perfectly. Never considered that a 2019 device would have less connectivity than my Roku2 from 4yrs ago - especially after the Premier connected out-of-the-box, then crashed after the automatic update. Really appreciate your help considering I never found a similar response anywhere else in 4hrs of searching and troubleshooting that identified numerous people with the same issue. Thanks again! 
0 Kudos