Network - Wireless & Wired Connections

Help & troubleshooting for network issues, including connecting your device to your home Wi-Fi network, connecting to public networks, troubleshooting wireless issues & ethernet connections, and optimizing streaming performance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 7

Re: Brand New Roku Premiere no internet connections

Jump to solution

I’m having the same issue, I’m wondering if maybe the internet box is to far from the device. This may also be my issue. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Re: Roku Premiere suddenly can't find my home wireless network.

Jump to solution

New Roku sees my hotspot connection and the signal strength is excellent.  Trying to continue setup but the only options I have are to set up new connection or update connection.  Can’t go any further...

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Jump to solution

We have 2 Roku Premieres in our house that are just a little over a year old; one works perfectly and the other just stopped working the other day and will not connect to our router.  There is nothing wrong with the router and I've tried all the reboots-restarts-etc recommended under troubleshooting and nothing works.  Is it a failure of the device itself??  Any suggestions?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 8

Jump to solution

Hello gleeds: You didn't mention if your WiFi network is 2.4 or 5.8 ghz, but the same happened to me: my two Ultra's and a Roku-4 could no longer SEE a 5.8 ghz network. The solution for me was to login to my WiFi router (a Verizon G3100 in my case), and disable DFS channels for the 5.8 ghz band. Once I did that, my Roku's could see 5.8 ghz band again. It seems the latest update from Roku (9.4?) won't support DFS channels any more. Don't know if this was deliberate by Roku, or a bug.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Jump to solution

Thank you - I will try your suggestion and see if it helps for this device. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Jump to solution

16cards

Checked and wi-fi is 2.4 so the unit must be defective.  The other roku unit we have, bought at the same time, works seamlessly.

0 Kudos