Network - Wireless & Wired Connections

Help & troubleshooting for network issues, including connecting your device to your home Wi-Fi network, connecting to public networks, troubleshooting wireless issues & ethernet connections, and optimizing streaming performance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 7

Re: Roku Premiere won’t connect to network anymore

Jump to solution

When will Roku admit this is a firmware problem and support the hardware with an update to fix this issue?  I have 1 Ultra, 1 Premiere, and 6 Express in the different room of my home.  All are on the same 2.4 ghz wireless network, and only the premiere cannot sustain a connection, despite being the only Roku that is in the same room as the wireless router.  It has "excellent" signal strength, but consistently refuses to connect to the same network that works well for every other device in my home.

UPDATE THE FIRMWARE.

Highlighted
Level 7

Re: Brand New Roku Premiere no internet connections

Jump to solution

Did you get it resolved? I have same problem. Connects to hot spot but not router.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 8

Re: Brand New Roku Premiere no internet connections

Jump to solution

Nope! Thankfully my hotspot still works. I can't even connect directly with an Ethernet cable, the same one that works with my desktop computer! My next TV won't be a Roku smart TV.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 9

Re: Roku Premiere will not connect to wireless

Jump to solution

I've had a premier that has worked fine for 2 months. & now is completely impossible to connect to my network, same router, same provider, same location of the device for 2 months & now it is impossible to use. I've googled everything & tried every available solution, nothing works. Looking at the forum it seems like TONS of other people are having this issue, my device is useless at this point, seriously considering buying something else & never looking back. This is extremely frustrating. I' about fed up with Roku at this point.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Jump to solution

Okay. I have tried all the different wireless connections and nothing works. Do you or anyone else have an email address for them?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Jump to solution

Unfortunately, no response from Roku. I simply just stopped using it. Not the greatest of answers but I became frustrated and switched to another service  . 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Jump to solution

Why would you sell a product that doesn't work?!! I agree that it's probably in the firmware, but what can we do about it? I'm pretty much fed up with Roku!!

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Jump to solution

Why would you sell a product that doesn't work?!! There is nothing you can do except not buy any more Roku products but that doesn't address the immediate concern. Does anyone have an email address or any other forms of communication for Roku?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Jump to solution

Is there another service?

@Ofineagan wrote:

Unfortunately, no response from Roku. I simply just stopped using it. Not the greatest of answers but I became frustrated and switched to another service  . 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Jump to solution

My Roku premiere was working for about 9 months, and out of the blue cannot connect anymore to my wifi.

Nothing has changed other than the device refuses to connect anymore.

Judging from the replies on this thread, the premiere has major problems and Roku needs to send the owners a new device

0 Kudos