Network - Wireless & Wired Connections

Help & troubleshooting for network issues, including connecting your device to your home Wi-Fi network, connecting to public networks, troubleshooting wireless issues & ethernet connections, and optimizing streaming performance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Re: Roku Premiere won’t connect to network anymore

Jump to solution

@CodyBryant 

Thanks for the note.

I would recommend checking out our Support page for troubleshooting issues here: What should I do if I cannot connect to my home network or the internet?

If you are still unable to connect your device to your wireless network, please send me a PM with your Roku account email address, and include the serial number of the Roku device from Settings>System>About. I'll be able to assist you further from there.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Jump to solution

Hi,

Experiencing problems similar to everyone else.

Eventually managed to launch the Roku premiere with the updates during initial setup after just purchasing it.

It sees my 2.4ghz network and connects but just seems to randomly drop connection. Have managed to link a few of my accounts but cannot stream any actual content at all.

Seriously frustrated at this point!

Steve

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Re: Roku premiere just quit connecting

Jump to solution

All other roku devices are working, but the roku premiere continues to quit working (keeping internet connection). I’ve reset everything. No luck. I have Model 3920X. I have serial number if that helps. Please advise. thank you!

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Jump to solution

@Kmhousley 

Thanks for the note.

Please send me a PM with your Roku account email address, and include the serial number of the Roku device from Settings>System>About. I'll be able to assist you further from there.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 8

Jump to solution

I'm following this topic because I have a similar problem. My Centurylink router supports both 5Ghz and 2.4Ghz bands. A few months ago I bought a Roku Streaming Stick+ and it could not connect to my home network even though my computer, phones, and other streaming devices connect fine. I gave up and bought a competitor's product. Then yesterday I bought a TCL Roku TV. Got the same problem. This time I figured out that I can connect it to my desktop computer's hotspot, and that's what I'm using now. A support person from TCL recommended I call Centurylink and get my router reconfigured, but their support staff is very slim right now and I can't get through. It's very frustrating. I have other 3 other streaming devices from a competitor that all work fine on either 5Ghz or 2.4Ghz.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Re: Brand New Roku Premiere no internet connections

Jump to solution

Just set up my Roku Premiere (4620 series) for the first time.  Will not connect to home network.  It is the proper bandwidth.  Tried factory reset.  Tried settings reset.  It connects with my phone hotspot.  I did the update and it will still not connect with my home network. My password does have a special symbol but husband will not change the password as without it is less secure.  Will have to return product if there is not a work around.  Any help?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 8

Re: Roku Premiere will not connect to wireless

Jump to solution

Tanner; So how do I change this: 2.4GHz band on your wireless router. Thanks  steve

Roku shut down 3 times today

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 8

Re: Brand New Roku Premiere no internet connections

Jump to solution

Your problem sounds the same as mine. I tried wifi on my router before, and today I just found out that a long ethernet cable from my router to my Roku TV doesn't work either. The only thing that works is a hotspot connection to my desktop computer. There must be some sort of incompatibility between the Roku and my router from Centurylink. However, my other devices (cell phones, computers, other streaming devices) work fine. On my non-Smart TV's I can use a competitor's streaming device just fine. However, I'd really like to use my Smart TV's built-in Roku software, but the hotspot is the only option, and it's not ideal.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Jump to solution

I'm having the same issue! I have tried everything stated in the feed. Need suggestions, please! 

Highlighted
Level 7

Jump to solution

I am also now having this issue with my roku premiere that I bought back around Christmas. It's doing the exact same thing, nothing has fixed it and I also have century link for internet.

0 Kudos