Network - Wireless & Wired Connections

Help & troubleshooting for network issues, including connecting your device to your home Wi-Fi network, connecting to public networks, troubleshooting wireless issues & ethernet connections, and optimizing streaming performance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Sabimaru
Level 7

Device desconected from Internet

Jump to solution

I have 3 Roku devices and 1 one of them suddenly desconected from Internet and it's not finding the wifi red, but the rest of devices work perfectly

0 Kudos
Highlighted

Roku Premiere wont connect to the internet no matter what I do.

Jump to solution

Hello to anyone that can help. As you can see from the title my roku premiere isn't connecting to the wifi. We originally bought it a few months ago and it initially worked fine. We had no problems but a few weeks go by and it just stops working (sometime in December). I haven't figured it out since and it has been sitting next to our TV collecting dust. We have checked the router and reset it but before we saw that our computers, phones, and tablets all were connecting fine to our wifi. I have tried everything and can't see the issue. I am getting more and more frustrated and almost just want to give up and buy something else. I wish there was a way to talk to someone on the phone but it seems like everything is automated. We have factory reset and done everything in the book. If anyone has another idea let me know. Thanks

Highlighted
Chaparrita21
Level 7

Re: Roku Premiere wont connect to the internet no matter what I do.

Jump to solution

I have the same problem!!!! I did everything, I need help too, please If you find the answer let me know, and is not just one of my Roku both of them are not connecting to the WiFi, not even detecting it, just the neighbors but not mine! Smiley Sad

0 Kudos
Highlighted

Re: Roku Premiere wont connect to the internet no matter what I do.

Jump to solution

Will do. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Re: Device desconected from Internet

Jump to solution

@Sabimaru @alyssamanfredi @Chaparrita21 

Thanks for the inquiry.

Can you please answer the following questions so I can get a better understanding of what you are seeing:

- Have you ensured your router is broadcasting a 2.4GHz Wi-Fi network for the device to connect to? The Roku Premiere is only compatible with wireless b/g/n networks on the 2.4 GHz spectrum.
- Have you tried changing the wireless broadcast channel on the router to see if this will allow your device to connect?
- Have you tried moving the device closer to your router to see if you can get connected?
- How long have you been experiencing this problem?

If those troubleshooting steps do not resolved your issue, feel free to send me a PM with the answers to the above question, along with your Roku account email address and the serial number of your Roku from Settings>System>About and I'll be able to assist you further from there.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
Highlighted
britani9008
Level 7

Re: Wifi connection problem - Roku or Comcast?

Jump to solution

Hi @RokuDanny-R 

The Roku is (was) connected to my 2.4 network (I have a Roomba and Wyze camera that are both also connected to it so I know that it is functional). I have moved the router closer, restarted, reinstalled the network/router/roku. I have been having this issue since 12/29/19. 

At one point I was able to get it connected for about 5 minutes and then the network disappeared again. I again followed the same steps that I took to get it connected and again the roku device won't even see my network.

Please advise.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Re: Wifi connection problem - Roku or Comcast?

Jump to solution

@britani9008 

Thanks for the note.

I have sent you a private message and will continue to assist you from there.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos