Network - Wireless & Wired Connections

Help & troubleshooting for network issues, including connecting your device to your home Wi-Fi network, connecting to public networks, troubleshooting wireless issues & ethernet connections, and optimizing streaming performance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Celt1
Level 7

Re: Brand New Roku Premiere no internet connections

Jump to solution

Hi, new here, but since I'm having the same problem I thought I'd ask. Is your phone/ISP Windstream?

I've had a Roku2 HD for about seven years. Was getting time to replace it, so I bought a Roku Express Plus (have an old TV with great picture). I also spent two days trying to get it to connect. Did all the suggestions mentioned here. No deal.

So yesterday I got a TCL Roku Ready Smart TV. Hooked it all up. Can't connect. I agree that getting two different Roku devices in less than a month and having them both be defective is against the odds.

The only thing I can think of is the Windstream supplied router. It ran the old Roku 2 just fine, but I got that from Windstream too.

Just my two cents.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
cpetty2897
Level 7

Re: Roku Premiere suddenly can't find my home wireless network.

Jump to solution

Finally moved my router to a location right beside my Roku and now it's able to recognize the wireless network. Thirty feet and one wall were just too much for this wimpy Premiere, I guess. Laptops worked there, but oh well...

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Re: Wifi connection problem - Roku or Comcast?

Jump to solution

@jcmeiners @britani9008 

Thanks for your inquiry. Roku Premiere (models 3920/3921) devices are only compatible with wireless b/g/n networks on the 2.4 GHz spectrum. They do not connect to 5GHz wireless networks. 

Could you please answer the following so I can get a better understanding of what you are seeing:

- Have you ensured your router is broadcasting a 2.4GHz Wi-Fi network for the device to connect to? The Roku Premiere is only compatible with wireless b/g/n networks on the 2.4 GHz spectrum.
- Have you tried changing the wireless broadcast channel on the router to see if this will allow your device to connect?
- Have you tried moving the device closer to your router to see if you can get connected?
- How long have you been experiencing this problem?

If those things still aren't helping, feel free to send me a PM with the answers to the above question, along with your Roku account email address and the serial number of your Roku from Settings>System>About and I'll be able to assist you further from there.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Gunitmom
Level 7

Re: Roku Premiere will not connect to wireless

Jump to solution

And how to do change channels if you can't connect with the Roku Premier?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Grafixx01
Level 8

Re: Roku Premiere will not connect to wireless

Jump to solution

@Gunitmom @You change channels on your router interface using either a web browser from a PC or phone, or if your router has an app on your phone.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
cpetty2897
Level 7

Re: Brand New Roku Premiere no internet connections

Jump to solution

What really bothers me is the number of people having these issues, and the number of times all the advice seems to get us nowhere. Come on, Roku corporate, fix this! The product is a great idea, when it works! Help your customers stay online! You've got to know more about this than we do.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
bconley04
Level 7

Roku premiere just quit connecting

Jump to solution

My roku premiere is 2 years old and suddenly stopped connecting. Roku says there is no agent help for my device which is troubling as well. I have 2 of these devices, both on the same network. One just stopped connecting. Nothing has changed, I havent moved or changed service providers. I have reset, I have disabled pings, and i have left it unplugged for 24 hours and nothing has fixed it. It takes a few times for it to even allow me to scroll down to the settings menu. It stops just before it, freezes, and reboots a few times before I can select the setting menu. I guess it is just dead at this point?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Re: Roku premiere just quit connecting

Jump to solution

@bconley04 

Thanks for the note

Can you please answer the following questions so I can get a better understanding of what you are seeing:

- Have you ensured your router is broadcasting a 2.4GHz Wi-Fi network for the device to connect to? The Roku Premiere is only compatible with wireless b/g/n networks on the 2.4 GHz spectrum.
- Have you tried changing the wireless broadcast channel on the router to see if this will allow your device to connect?
- Have you tried moving the device closer to your router to see if you can get connected?
- How long have you been experiencing this problem?

If those troubleshooting steps do not resolved your issue, feel free to send me a PM with the answers to the above question, along with your Roku account email address and the serial number of your Roku from Settings>System>About and I'll be able to assist you further from there.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
Highlighted
bconley04
Level 7

Jump to solution

@RokuDanny-R 

I have tried everything you mentioned. If you would read my issue instead of copying from a script you would see that.

Like I said, I have 2 of the exact same devices that have been running unmoved for over a year. One simply quit connecting. The other is connected to my network/router/channel and doing fine. No matter what was done this roku will not connect. I have been having the issue for days now. I am having to use apps on my phone and chromecast since there is no support offered for my device and no phone number to call. Based on the lack of support and it taking days to get a response from Roku to help I am not sure if roku is the way to go anymore.

Highlighted
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Jump to solution

@bconley04 

Thanks for the note. 

I've responded to your private message and will continue to assist you from there.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos