Network - Wireless & Wired Connections

Help & troubleshooting for network issues, including connecting your device to your home Wi-Fi network, connecting to public networks, troubleshooting wireless issues & ethernet connections, and optimizing streaming performance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
atc98092
Level 17

Re: Brand New Roku Premiere no internet connections

Jump to solution

@YOxEMCEE wrote:
Bought another brand new one. Still having issue. Sigh.

Rats. However, unless you received two defective units (unlikely), then there's something strange going on with your network. Do you have a hotspot on your phone you can try to see if it can connect there? Or can you see any other wireless networks on the Premiere? Once you get it connected, you can get a firmware update, and maybe that will resolve your connection problems. 

Dan
Roku Stick (3600), Ultra (4640), Ultra (4670), Premiere (3920), Insignia 720p Roku TV, Sharp 4K Roku TV, Nvidia Shield, Windows 10 Pro x64 running Serviio and Plex on a wired Gigabit network.
Highlighted
YOxEMCEE
Level 7

Jump to solution
I’m also trying a new Streaming Stick +. Connects to by phone hotspot but not my home Wi-Fi.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
atc98092
Level 17

Jump to solution

@YOxEMCEE wrote:
I’m also trying a new Streaming Stick +. Connects to by phone hotspot but not my home Wi-Fi.

OK, that shows the wireless is working correctly. Again, that points specifically to your home network. Yes, it's puzzling that other devices are connecting. And since they are working, I hate to ask this question. But, does your wireless passcode include any special characters (@, #, $, etc.)? In general , Roku devices don't like those. 

Dan
Roku Stick (3600), Ultra (4640), Ultra (4670), Premiere (3920), Insignia 720p Roku TV, Sharp 4K Roku TV, Nvidia Shield, Windows 10 Pro x64 running Serviio and Plex on a wired Gigabit network.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
YOxEMCEE
Level 7

Jump to solution
No special characters in my pw. I was on the phone with xfinity for the longest time too but couldn’t help me either.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Robby52
Level 7

Re: Roku Premiere will not connect to wireless

Jump to solution

I bought the Roku Premier and successfully connected it to the 2.4 wifi & internet yesterday. Today I unplugged it from the tv and plugged it into the receiver.  It remembered the wifi password but would not connect. I've rebooted the router, the Roku, changed the wifi channel.  No connection.  Help. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Re: Roku Premiere will not connect to wireless

Jump to solution

@Robby52 

Thanks for the inquiry.

I would recommend checking out our Support page for troubleshooting issues here: What should I do if I cannot connect to my home network or the internet?

Can you please answer the following so I can get a better understanding of what you are experiencing:
- Have you ensured your router is broadcasting a 2.4GHz Wi-Fi network for the device to connect to? The Roku Express is only compatible with wireless b/g/n networks on the 2.4 GHz spectrum. 
- Have you tried moving the device closer to your router to see if you can get connected? 
- How long have you been experiencing this problem?

If those things still aren't helping, feel free to send me a PM with the answers to the above along with your Roku account email address and the serial number of your Roku from Settings>System>About and I'll be able to assist you further from there.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
Highlighted
cpetty2897
Level 7

Roku Premiere suddenly can't find my home wireless network.

Jump to solution

After several weeks of good performance, suddenly my Roku Premiere lost the wireless connection and I can't reconnect. At first it "saw" my home wireless, but wouldn't connect. Then I entered the name of my network but it still failed to connect. I tried restarting both the Roku and my router, without success. Then I tried my iPhone hotspot, and at first it connected, but then again after about ten minutes the Roku suddenly lost the connection and no longer could find the iPhone. Help, please!

0 Kudos
Highlighted
jcmeiners
Level 7

Wifi connection problem - Roku or Comcast?

Jump to solution

I have a Roku Premiere 3920x connected by Wifi to my Comcast Xfinity router. Everything worked fine, until it dropped the connection (in the middle of the Citrus Bowl no less), and cannot find the Wifi network any more. When I scan for networks, it doesn't see it, even though all my other devices show an undiminished network strength. Factory resetting did not help. But when I reset the router, I have a very small window, of perhaps a few seconds, when it can see the network. When I try to connect, it warns me that the signal strength is low, and when I proceed anyway, the connection fails and it will not see the network again, even after a restart of the Roku. But a router restart gives me the same short window where it sees the network again. And if I move the Roku very close to the router, maybe within a meter, then it works just fine.

Is there a way to tell if the problem is with the Roku, or with the Comcast-owned router? Before I go out and buy another Roku, or Comcast pods to boost the signal, I'd like to know what the most likely cause of this new problem is.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
britani9008
Level 7

Re: Roku Premiere suddenly can't find my home wireless network.

Jump to solution

Having the same issue. I've power cycled everything and even gone as far as resetting to factory with no resolve. Nothing has changed as far as my wireless goes.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
cpetty2897
Level 7

Re: Roku Premiere suddenly can't find my home wireless network.

Jump to solution

Mine is working-- at the moment!-- using my personal hotspot. It still doesn't recognize my home wireless system, even though the signal is quite strong where the roku is. Try using your own hotspot, if you have one. Let me know if it works for you!

0 Kudos