Network - Wireless & Wired Connections

Help & troubleshooting for network issues, including connecting your device to your home Wi-Fi network, connecting to public networks, troubleshooting wireless issues & ethernet connections, and optimizing streaming performance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Briyon
Level 7

Roku Premiere will not connect to wireless

Jump to solution

I have a relatively new Roku Premiere (about 3 weeks old) that initially was set up and working fine. Now I cannot connect to my wireless. I tried all of the suggested remedies (e.g. restart, restarting router...). Nothing has worked. I have several other devices connected and working fine on this network. I even tried disconnecting some of the other devices to see if it was a bandwidth issue but the Roku would still not connect.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Community Manager
Community Manager

Re: Roku Premiere will not connect to wireless

Jump to solution

@Briyon The Roku Premiere (model 3920) is not compatible with 5GHz wireless networks and will not connect to that band. Roku Express and Premiere (model 3920/3921) devices are only capable of connecting to 2.4GHz wireless b/g/n networks. 

If you're running into performance issues, I might recommend trying to change the wireless broadcast channel for the 2.4GHz band on your wireless router to see if this improves performance. 

Thanks,

Tanner

Tanner D.
Roku Community Manager

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Briyon
Level 7

Jump to solution

I was able to connect to my 2.4GHz network but the quality and speed is not nearly as good. I originally had it connected to my 5GHz network and now it won't connect to that network.

0 Kudos
Community Manager
Community Manager

Jump to solution

@Briyon The Roku Premiere (model 3920) is not compatible with 5GHz wireless networks and will not connect to that band. Roku Express and Premiere (model 3920/3921) devices are only capable of connecting to 2.4GHz wireless b/g/n networks. 

If you're running into performance issues, I might recommend trying to change the wireless broadcast channel for the 2.4GHz band on your wireless router to see if this improves performance. 

Thanks,

Tanner

Tanner D.
Roku Community Manager

View solution in original post

0 Kudos