Network - Wireless & Wired Connections

Help & troubleshooting for network issues, including connecting your device to your home Wi-Fi network, connecting to public networks, troubleshooting wireless issues & ethernet connections, and optimizing streaming performance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Magmidd
Level 7

Roku Premiere is no longer detecting wireless network

My Roku Premiere worked great for five months and all of a sudden it has stopped picking up our WiFi. Our WiFi settings did not change and all our other devices have no problem connecting. What's happening?

0 Kudos
5 REPLIES 5\
makaiguy
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Roku Premiere is no longer detecting wireless network

This has always worked for me:

Restart your router (I know this doesn't seem to make any sense since other things connect without issue, but do it anyway). When it comes back up, try to re-establish your net connection on the Roku. If there's still no joy, restart your Roku and try it again.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
Note: I am not a Roku employee, just a user like you.

Roku Streaming Stick+ 3810 | TCL Roku TV 43S245/C107X | Roku Streaming Stick 3600
0 Kudos
Magmidd
Level 7

I've restarted everything, multiple times, in multiple configurations. The Roku continues to detect our neighbor's router but no longer detects ours.

0 Kudos
makaiguy

Reaching 'way down to the bottom of my bag of tricks, I've found one more thing to try:

Settings > System > Advanced system settings > Network connection reset

@Magmidd wrote:

I've restarted everything, multiple times, in multiple configurations. The Roku continues to detect our neighbor's router but no longer detects ours.

Roku Streaming Stick+ 3810 | TCL Roku TV 43S245/C107X | Roku Streaming Stick 3600
0 Kudos
Magmidd
Level 7

Yeah we did that too 😔 What's baffling me is that it's continuing to recognize other networks but not ours (which it recognized last week and had consistently for months prior- we have made no changes to our home wifi setup).

0 Kudos
makaiguy

One other remote possibility:

What model number is your Premiere? (Check via Settings > System > About).

The original Premiere released in 2016 (model 4620) had a dual band wifi receiver and could receive both the 2.4 GHz band and the 5 GHz band.

The Premiere released in 2018 (3920) has a single band wifi receiver that can only receive the 2.4 GHz band.  If you have this model, and if the 5 GHz band somehow got turned off in your router, that could explain what you are seeing.

Other than that, I'm stumped.

0 Kudos