Network - Wireless & Wired Connections

Help & troubleshooting for network issues, including connecting your device to your home Wi-Fi network, connecting to public networks, troubleshooting wireless issues & ethernet connections, and optimizing streaming performance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
GAwoman
Level 7

Roku Premiere does not find home Wifi Network

I have Roku Premiere and have not been able to connect to home WiFi. I have no problems with smartphone wifi nor computer. Roku does not even see the network. This is unacceptable. I see many with the same problem, but no real solution. Help!

0 Kudos
5 Replies
atc98092
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Roku Premiere does not find home Wifi Network

@GAwoman wrote:

I have Roku Premiere and have not been able to connect to home WiFi. I have no problems with smartphone wifi nor computer. Roku does not even see the network. This is unacceptable. I see many with the same problem, but no real solution. Help!

There are multiple versions of the Roku Premiere, so we need to know exactly which model you have. If it's the 3920, it is a single band, so it will only see an access point using 2.4 GHz. If your WiFi network is 5 GHz only, then it won't be visible. So please confirm you have a 2.4 GHz network, and the SSID is set to be visible. It is possible to hide the SSID, in which case it won't be seen but you can still connect manually to it by entering the SSID yourself. 

Dan

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
GAwoman
Level 7

The SSIS should be visible. However, I do type in the network name and password and Roku still does not find it. From what I’ve seen from others with issues, this is a common problem. Can you fix it?

0 Kudos
atc98092
Community Streaming Expert

@GAwoman wrote:

The SSIS should be visible. However, I do type in the network name and password and Roku still does not find it. From what I’ve seen from others with issues, this is a common problem. Can you fix it?

Nothing I can do personally. I'm just another user like yourself. Hopefully @RokuDanny-R or @RokuTannerD can respond tomorrow. 

Dan

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

@GAwoman 

Thanks for the inquiry.

What model device Premiere do you have? Is the network you are using 2.4 GHz or 5 GHz? Have you restarted your router and tried to reconnect? We would also try connecting your device to an alternate network or a mobile hotspot to see if it is able to connect.

Check out some wireless troubleshooting tips here: 
Tips for improving the wireless connection to your Roku® streaming device

Please keep us posted and we will continue to assist you.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
ranger0283
Level 7

My 3920X will connect, however it stopped seeing any of the existing connection points except 1, which has a clear line of sight to the connection point, with no obstructions, and 20 or less feet away. This point shows a poor signal. I turned on mobile hotspot on my phone 8 feet away, searched again and it showed the phone, again with a poor signal. Being a ham radio operator, I believe there is an issue with the receiver of the 3920X, if it can barely see a connection less than 10 feet away.

This only started happening about a month ago, and we have the 3970X since Black Friday last year (2019).

0 Kudos