Network - Wireless & Wired Connections

Help & troubleshooting for network issues, including connecting your device to your home Wi-Fi network, connecting to public networks, troubleshooting wireless issues & ethernet connections, and optimizing streaming performance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Plumcrazy440
Level 7

Roku Premiere connection issue

My roku premiere device has been working flawlessly for months, not all of a sudden it started buffering and after a reset now will not connect to the network. It sees the mac address of my router, but will not connect? I have another roku device bought right around the same time in another room that is working fine? Please advise.

Thank you,.

Michael Fiedler

0 Kudos
4 REPLIES 4\
RokuMary-F
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Re: Roku Express connection issue

Hi @Plumcrazy440,

Welcome to the Roku Community!

You have the Roku Premiere and it is a single-band wireless device which means it only supports a 2.4 GHz connection. Your Roku Premiere will not recognize the 5Ghz network. You need to make sure that your 2.4 GHz network is active by using your mobile phone and check if you can detect the 2.4 GHz network. We also suggest you reach out to your Internet Service Provider or ISP for assistance in checking if the 2.4 GHz network is active and not hidden. 

We also recommend taking a look at the troubleshooting steps provided by our Support page here:  How to connect your Roku device to the internet using Wi-Fi® or Ethernet

Keep us posted and we'll continue assisting from there if needed.

Regards,
Mary

0 Kudos
Plumcrazy440
Level 7

Good Morning,

I have tried all the steps listed on the website. This device Roku Premiere has been working properly since being installed in February of this year. This all started when it was buffering on Paramount Plus, so I power cycled it to try and correct the problem. It has not been able to connect to the network since? The other Roku we have in another room continues to work flawlessly? This unit in the living room does not detect any wireless networks? I have performed a factory reset and now get English for language and then get stuck at detect wireless network. What is the warranty on these units?

Thank you,

Michael Fiedler

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

@Plumcrazy440

Thanks for the follow up.

Can you please provide the serial number of your Roku device from Settings>System>About? I'll be able to assist you further from there.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
Plumcrazy440
Level 7

Good Morning,

Model 3920X, SN: K42095203404, I had to unplug the device and read it off the device as I cannot get past the setup menu: select language, scan for networks, cannot go any further. Thank you for your assistance.

Michael Fiedler

0 Kudos