Network - Wireless & Wired Connections

Help & troubleshooting for network issues, including connecting your device to your home Wi-Fi network, connecting to public networks, troubleshooting wireless issues & ethernet connections, and optimizing streaming performance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Barb113
Level 7

Roku Premiere & Harmony Hub/Elite conflict

My setup is through my Pioneer V832 A/V via ARC. The Hub & Roku Premiere are on the same network (2.4). I'm continually getting the message on my remote "Unable to connect with Roku Premiere over WiFi. Use Harmony App for a while to see troubleshooting options." Using the app on my tablet never produces any troubleshooting options. If I bypass the IP setup for the Roku, I don't get this error but lose the Favourites on the remote screen. I've tried factory default/reset on both the Hub & remote, yet the error persists. All CEC features are turned off, just in case. This is a real PITA. OTOH, the Hub & remote work perfectly with my Firestick. So is my only option to install the Roku on the Hub by bypassing the IP scan?

0 Kudos
6 Replies
tanm83
Level 7

Re: Roku Premiere & Harmony Hub/Elite conflict

I just found this post.  No solution, but wanted to share I have the exact same problem.  Very frustrating!

0 Kudos
MB53
Level 7

I just found this post and have a similar problem.  My harmony is hooked to a Roku (TCL) tv and DirecTV.  If everything is on and the remote has been unused for a few minutes and I attempt to use it for any function I get that message I just hit the ok button on the error message and then it works fine until next time.  Mine is more irritating than anything.  So I am trying to find out how to fix.  Let me know if you get yours working and I will do the same

0 Kudos
krwomack
Level 7

Having the same issue with the Harmony 950 and Roku Ultra. Could it be something as simple as my Roku being wired, not wireless? Seems odd.

0 Kudos
Barb113
Level 7

My whole system is run off wifi and I suspect that there's a conflict between the remote/hub & Roku even when everything's on the same network. I never had this problem with my Harmony 650. I finally gave up & bypassed connecting the Roku to the Hub via wifi, a tip I read somewhere. Works perfectly now but I no longer have the subscribed channels displayed on my remote. 

0 Kudos
Live2ride07
Level 7

Check IR Assignments on your Harmony under device settings. If IR setting for Roku is “Hub & Mini blasters”, change setting to mini blaster only (choose mini blaster 1, or 2).

0 Kudos
Barb113
Level 7

Tried that - still happening.

0 Kudos