Network - Wireless & Wired Connections

Help & troubleshooting for network issues, including connecting your device to your home Wi-Fi network, connecting to public networks, troubleshooting wireless issues & ethernet connections, and optimizing streaming performance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Kys4219
Level 7

Roku Premiere - WiFi Signal Strength and Bandwidth Speed

I purchased a Roku Premiere roughly 2 months ago. From day 1 the bandwidth and signal strength have been poor.

Reading through the community posts I do not see any feedback from Roku support which leads me to any further troubleshooting steps.

Here is are the steps I have taken thus far:

• Reduce distance: The device is roughly 20 foot away from the router.

• Eliminate obstructions: There is a small section of wall, about 10 foot, between the router and the device. An opening on both ends of the wall. There router sits on a cabinet between these two openings.

• Adjust router antennas: I have purchased and installed more powerful antennas on the router. I received stronger signal strength in other areas of the house which are much further away from the router than is the Roku device.

• Try an elevated location: This is not an option.

• Move away from the TV: The Roku has been tested on both sides of the flat screen TV and the room directly above with zero improvement.

• Signal strength bounces between 6 and 27 and between 3 and 8 Mbps speed. Nothing else on my network performs this poorly.
  • Use Ethernet: Not an option with my model.

• Have you tried changing the wireless broadcast channel on the router: Yes.’

• How long have you been experiencing this problem? From the date of purchase (a 2 maybe 3 months ago).

Read the following Articles on the Community page.

• Wireless Network Troubleshooting Help

• Extremely Poor Wifi Speed - Excellent Signal - Roku Only – Dated 01-29-2020

• “I have tested using a laptop, a phone, and a tablet all on the exact same wifi AP right where the roku is. They are all able to pull in excellent signal strength, and 60Mbps+ speeds.” I Concur.

• Requesting a response from Roku Support specifically as there is not a option to submit a ticket via Email for this product.

0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1\
makaiguy
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Roku Premiere - WiFi Signal Strength and Bandwidth Speed

@Kys4219 wrote:
    • Signal strength bounces between 6 and 27 and between 3 and 8 Mbps speed. Nothing else on my network performs this poorly.

How do you determine your signal strength and download speeds?

Roku Community Streaming Expert
I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you.  Do not ask me support questions via private message -- post them publicly to the Community where others may benefit as well.

If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer by clicking "Accept as Solution.". Please only do this if it ACTUALLY solves your problem.

Streaming Stick 4K+ 3821 | Streaming Stick+ 3810 | TCL Roku TV 43S245/C107X | Streaming Stick 3600
0 Kudos