Network - Wireless & Wired Connections

Help & troubleshooting for network issues, including connecting your device to your home Wi-Fi network, connecting to public networks, troubleshooting wireless issues & ethernet connections, and optimizing streaming performance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Roku Premiere+ Not Working Wired Connection

Jump to solution

I used Roku Premiere+ until 1 and a half years. It's Working Fine. But today I don't know what happened Simply I Run my application and not launch so, I check wired connection. I test more than 3 router connections but every connection wired connection successfully and Internet connection not work. But I test also Wireless Connection with the router It's Working Fine. I restart Roku Device 10 to 15 times and also factory reset 3 to 4 times. I don't show this issue before.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted

Re: Roku Premiere+ Not Working Wired Connection

Jump to solution

Sorry, I don't check the router switches. Someone joins all router switches. So Roku Device to hit DHCP request. then confuse Roku Device to Which Router IP Address takes. Now, I change all the switches. then Resolve the problem and Working Fine.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Highlighted
atc98092
Level 17

Jump to solution

I have had routers that appeared to be working fine, but still didn't connect. Rebooting the router cleared the problem. Since you've already tried factory reset on the Roku, there's nothing further I can suggest on the player itself. 

Dan
Roku Stick (3600), Ultra (4640), Ultra (4670), Premiere (3920), Insignia 720p Roku TV, Sharp 4K Roku TV, Nvidia Shield, Windows 10 Pro x64 running Serviio and Plex on a wired Gigabit network.
0 Kudos
Highlighted

Jump to solution

Sorry, I don't check the router switches. Someone joins all router switches. So Roku Device to hit DHCP request. then confuse Roku Device to Which Router IP Address takes. Now, I change all the switches. then Resolve the problem and Working Fine.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
Highlighted
atc98092
Level 17

Jump to solution

@chaklasiyanikun wrote:

Right. If there are multiple routers on a network (I have several myself, all configured to be wireless access points), only one must be allowed to issue IP addresses via DHCP. If more than one is doing it, you run the risk of the same device being assigned the same IP address, which just really mucks things up. 

Dan
Roku Stick (3600), Ultra (4640), Ultra (4670), Premiere (3920), Insignia 720p Roku TV, Sharp 4K Roku TV, Nvidia Shield, Windows 10 Pro x64 running Serviio and Plex on a wired Gigabit network.
0 Kudos