Network - Wireless & Wired Connections

Help & troubleshooting for network issues, including connecting your device to your home Wi-Fi network, connecting to public networks, troubleshooting wireless issues & ethernet connections, and optimizing streaming performance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Stretch9980
Level 7

Roku Premiere+ Not Connecting To WIFI After WIFI Name Chage

I had to change my WIFI name last night and noticed that my roku and remote stopped working. Blinking white light on the front which I guess indicated trouble connecting to the router. The frustrating thing is that my remote doesn't work either. The home screen appears but I can't navigate to any settings. And yes, the batteries in the remote are brand new.  I downloaded the remote app on my phone and tried using that with no luck. Says cannot connect to device. I tried unplugging my roku and then plugging it back in after a minute and reset my router, nothing. How do I fix this? The only change that was made was to my WIFI name???

0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1\
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Roku Premiere+ Not Connecting To WIFI After WIFI Name Chage

Try pairing your remote again.  From @Tivoburkee :

You can also unplug the roku from its power for a bit, have the remote ready with battery door off and one battery in, now power the roku when the roku name stops bouncing put in the second battery and press and hold the pairing key for 3 to 5 seconds and release. Just let it communicate with roku it is all right if the light goes oyt in the battery compartment don't press anything until you get a big DONE onscreen.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos