Network - Wireless & Wired Connections

Help & troubleshooting for network issues, including connecting your device to your home Wi-Fi network, connecting to public networks, troubleshooting wireless issues & ethernet connections, and optimizing streaming performance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
boyd5150
Level 7

Roku Premiere - Network & buffering issue

I have 3 Roku Premiere devices that all have similar issues maintaining a quality connection, especially during live sporting events.  I have tested my wireless using cell phone and PC with great results as well as used a Roku TV without any issues.  The issue only appears to occur on the Roku Premiere devices.  

Wireless - I have 2 access points (aka routers) that are close and provide direct line of sight from the Roku device to the access point, so the signal isn't an issue.  I have tried to restart them, check updates, etc. without clearing up the issue.  I am beyond frustrated at this point and looking for a solution to help fix my problem.  Comments, questions, opinions, details are all welcome.   

2 REPLIES 2\
RokuTannerD
Level 19

Re: Roku Premiere - Network & buffering issue

Hi there, 

Thanks for reaching out. I'd recommend changing the wireless broadcast channel on the 2.4GHz band being broadcast by your router. You want to select a channel not in use by other networks around you to help eliminate wireless interference. 1, 6, and 11 are the most commonly used channels by default settings, so try choosing another option. Your ISP or wireless router manufacturer can assist you in making these changes. 

You can also see more tips here: https://support.roku.com/article/213122277-tips-for-improving-the-wireless-connection-to-your-roku-s...

Thanks,

Tanner

0 Kudos
fgm1064
Level 7

Re: Roku Premiere - Network & buffering issue

I have the same problem

0 Kudos