Network - Wireless & Wired Connections

Help & troubleshooting for network issues, including connecting your device to your home Wi-Fi network, connecting to public networks, troubleshooting wireless issues & ethernet connections, and optimizing streaming performance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 8

Roku Premiere 4K, strong Wifi Signal, Low Download Speed and Lots of Buffering

I have the Roku Premiere 4K 3920X that is right next to my AT&T gateway and wifi router.
Signal strength is excellent but download speeds are not. I can watch YouTube TV or Roku Channel for a while and then it buffers and then it goes a while doing great then it buffers again. Sometimes the buffering is so bad that I need to quit whatever Channel I’m using and starting over.
Any ideas?
My phone gets speeds on wifi of 150-300mbps, yet the Roku struggles.
I’ve read a lot that the AT&T wifi router stinks and I’m better off turning off the wifi and plugging in my own separate wifi router. Could that be the issue or is there anything I can try?
2 Replies
Highlighted
Level 17

Re: Roku Premiere 4K, strong Wifi Signal, Low Download Speed and Lots of Buffering

Try going into your Roku Settings/Display type>> lower it to 720p if you can.

And see if that helps.

What your Router broadcasts is not necessarily what AT&T sends it.

Roku Ultra ---Ethernet rules---

From now on if people dont upvote me and do as I say I will consider holding my breath and selling my Roku's.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Re: Roku Premiere 4K, strong Wifi Signal, Low Download Speed and Lots of Buffering

I'm having the same issue...I get 200+ Mbps on all my other devices and only getting 13 Mbps on my Roku Premiere, which causes a lot of buffering issues.

0 Kudos