Network - Wireless & Wired Connections

Help & troubleshooting for network issues, including connecting your device to your home Wi-Fi network, connecting to public networks, troubleshooting wireless issues & ethernet connections, and optimizing streaming performance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
eearch21
Level 7

Roku Premier will lose connection to WiFi repeatedly

Roku Premier will lose connection to wifi router every two weeks or so and will require a full factory reset of the roku device and WiFi router for the roku to find the our home wifI.  All other devices in my master bedroom can detect and connect to my WiFi with a strong signal while the roku won’t find the WiFi.  I tried doing a Network Connection Reset and this didn’t work, a factory reset alone didn’t work. The only thing that works is both a factory reset and a WiFi reboot.  Our router is brand new and easily supports the Roku premier as well as our older roku stick.  I would note that our older roku stick has never had this problem and has worked consistently for the 5 years we have had it.  This seems like a defect and as fate would have our return window at target was yesterday so we can no longer exchange this device for a new one or better functioning model or an Amazon Firestick

0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3\
makaiguy
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Roku Premier will lose connection to WiFi repeatedly

Next time try a restart via Settings > System > System restart instead of a factory restart. If it works for you it will save you from having to set up all your channels again.
Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
Note: I am not a Roku employee, just a user like you.

Roku Streaming Stick+ 3810 | TCL Roku TV 43S245/C107X | Roku Streaming Stick 3600
0 Kudos
eearch21
Level 7

I actually tried that the first two times I had this happen, and even tried a simple unplug, wait and plug back in type reset and neither worked.  I forgot to mention this has happens since we purchased the device in late March.  The odd thing is the device will recognize all our neighbors’ networks but ours will not not appear until we restart not the device and our router.  I went as far as “forgetting” the roku device on our home network and that didn’t help either.

0 Kudos
makaiguy
Community Streaming Expert

I've had one or more of my Rokus lose sight of my wifi net on several occasions. The fix for me has always been:
1) Restart the router
2) If the net still not seen, restart the affected Roku(s).
Settings > System > Restart system
3) Set up the network connection again on the affected Roku(s).
Settings > Network > Set up connection

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
Note: I am not a Roku employee, just a user like you.

Roku Streaming Stick+ 3810 | TCL Roku TV 43S245/C107X | Roku Streaming Stick 3600
0 Kudos