Network - Wireless & Wired Connections

Help & troubleshooting for network issues, including connecting your device to your home Wi-Fi network, connecting to public networks, troubleshooting wireless issues & ethernet connections, and optimizing streaming performance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 7

Roku Premier+ will NOT connect to internet

I purchased my Roku Premier+ almost a year ago. Never had any problems and I LOVED it. About a month ago it stopped connecting to my internet. I did all the prompts it directed me to do; restarting my router, restarting my tv, unplugging roku. NOTHING WORKS. I eventually reset my Roku and it still won't connect to my internet. I have called my internet provider and they said everything looked good, which I figured because all my other devices are connected just fine. I am at a loss of what to do, I have literally tried everything, google and youtube searches. NOTHING works. I am getting very upset and ready to buy a new streaming device.

2 Replies
Highlighted
Level 7

Re: Roku Premier+ will NOT connect to internet

I have four Roku devices with one connecting with ethernet.  We have been having problems off and on for a couple weeks but today none of these devices will connect to the Internet.  All my other Internet gadgets work perfectly.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 21

Re: Roku Premier+ will NOT connect to internet

The first thing to try is to reset the network connections in the Roku. Go to the Settings menu under System/Advanced system settings/Network connection reset. This deletes all saved network settings and sets the network to as delivered. Then you can try it again.

You can also try connecting to a phone hotspot and see if there's an update for the Roku. They will often connect to a hotspot even if they won't connect to your WiFi network. 

Dan
Roku Stick (3600), Ultra (4640), Ultra (4670), Premiere (3920), Insignia 720p Roku TV, Sharp 4K Roku TV, Nvidia Shield, Windows 10 Pro x64 running Serviio and Plex on a wired Gigabit network.
0 Kudos