Network - Wireless & Wired Connections

Help & troubleshooting for network issues, including connecting your device to your home Wi-Fi network, connecting to public networks, troubleshooting wireless issues & ethernet connections, and optimizing streaming performance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Swingman39
Level 7

Roku Premier unable to connect

Hello,

I'm new to this forum and I'm coming here out of desperation! I've been using Roku since I kicked Cable to the curb 7 years ago, and it's worked spectacularly. Until the last few months. Every time it rains it seems my Roku would go offline. And sometimes when it wasn't raining. I've rebooted, modum and Roku, no luck now. Purchased a Roku Premier two weeks ago, thinking my old Roku box died. But now the new one is failing the exact same way! No loss of power, internet operating on all other devices. Any suggestions?

0 Kudos
1 Reply
Community Manager
Community Manager

Re: Roku Premier unable to connect

Hi there! 

Thanks for the note. I would recommend confirming that your wireless router is broadcasting a network on the 2.4GHZ spectrum. The Roku Premiere is compatible with wireless b/g/n networks, and doesn't support 5GHz Wi-Fi networks.

You can also see more tips for connecting here: https://support.roku.com/article/208755728-what-should-i-do-if-i-cannot-connect-to-my-home-network-o...

Thanks,
Tanner
Tanner D.
Roku Community Manager
0 Kudos