Network - Wireless & Wired Connections

Help & troubleshooting for network issues, including connecting your device to your home Wi-Fi network, connecting to public networks, troubleshooting wireless issues & ethernet connections, and optimizing streaming performance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 7

Roku Premier constantly drops network connection

Tried all posted suggestions but my Roku player constantly drops its network connection.  Roku app consistently loses connection as well to device. 
wifi signal strength is excellent. All other household devices work very well. 
Roku device is in the open and 4 feet away from a WiFi mesh pod. 
Frustrating. 
only have had Roku for 10 days. First few days this worked flawlessly. Now it is unusable. 

help!  Should I return for a replacement?

4 Replies
Highlighted
Level 7

Re: Roku Premier constantly drops network connection

Yeah I'm brand new to Roku 2 and it's worked for about one day and I'm already having the connection drop. Not only that I'm three feet from the Roku device with a powerful new smartphone and it won't even go to the website because entering the address for the website the software gives you where you have to go to enter your password doesn't actually get you to the website. I would not buy this device again. My old Roku box work flawlessly 90% of the time. It reconnected about once a month. Which means when you get greedy and you try to get a wider Market or dominate the market you need to get your Tech skills upgraded before you start selling your new device. Won't buy this again.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Is your wireless network an Orbi (Netgear) by chance? I've had a similar issue with my Roku devices having a poor wifi connection to my Orbi devices. Specifically, my #Roku Premiere+ device had a very weak connection to my Orbi mesh network, even though one of the satellites was only a few feet away. After trying different locations (for both devices), I replaced the Roku with an Amazon Fire TV stick. The connection between Orbi and the Fire TV stick was excellent. I don't know if the problem is with Orbi (Netgear) or Roku, but the two systems do not like talking with one another. I'd prefer the Roku over Amazon, but I can't tolerate the drop connections and constant buffering - and replacing the Roku was cheaper than replacing the Orbi system.  

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

No

BUT for some reason my Roku has been behaving as expected for the past two weeks. Not sure why but I’ll take it. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

I have reset, changed batteries, signal strength excellent.  How to fix.

0 Kudos