Network - Wireless & Wired Connections

Help & troubleshooting for network issues, including connecting your device to your home Wi-Fi network, connecting to public networks, troubleshooting wireless issues & ethernet connections, and optimizing streaming performance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 7

Roku Model 3900X Not Discovering My Wireless Network

My wireless network does not show up in the list of available networks on my Roku 3900X. I have ensured that it is broadcasting 2.4 ghz, and the router is close enough to the Roku to be picked up. The problem is not with my router since I can still connect to it with my laptop, smartphone, printer, etc. My Roku was working fine on this network until a couple of weeks ago. Then, suddenly, my network just disappeared off the list of available networks. How can I get it back?

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Level 21

Re: Roku Model 3900X Not Discovering My Wireless Network

Are you running OpenWRT or DD-WRT on your router?

0 Kudos
Level 7

Do I look like an elite hacker? I don’t know! Haha I kid but seriously I’m not sure. How do I check?

0 Kudos
Level 7

I am having the same issue with a 3920X and I do have ASUSWRT on my router.

0 Kudos
Level 21

@maarond, you'd probably know if you were because it's generally something that the user has to load, but I suppose you can buy a router with it already installed.  @MNBob , I'm not familiar with ASUSWRT, but if it's based off of one of the other WRTs then it may have the same issue.  With the 9.4 update it appears that Rokus won't see a 2.4GHz network if it has 802.11b mode enabled.  In OpenWRT it's referred to as "legacy" mode.  Both of you should go through your wireless settings and look for anything that refers to a "mode".  Disable "legacy" if that's an option or set it to N-only.

0 Kudos